How 2 Get Rid of wasted space with interlinear Hebrew

Enoch

I brought up the interlinear for Hebrew and found that not much text was displayed in the pain because an excessive amount of screen is wasted by horizontal bands of blank space between lines.

I have the line spacing as I desire it for regular text and do not wish to change that as an overall default. But the interlinear inserts more space than I want between Hebrew & gloss -- as well as between gloss and next line of Hebrew; particularly the space between gloss & the next Hebrew line is more than desired.

Is there someway to reduce this band of horizontal space between these lines?

(I did search Accordance help for this setting; but was unsuccessful at finding an answer to this problem.)

Edited by Enoch

Enoch, I believe you want to reduce the line spacing in the Set Text Display dialog. But, you may want to post an image so we can see what you refer to.

Original Question:

I brought up the interlinear for Hebrew and found that not much text was displayed in the pain because an excessive amount of screen is wasted by horizontal bands of blank space between lines.

I have the line spacing as I desire it for regular text and do not wish to change that as an overall default. But the interlinear inserts more space than I want between Hebrew & gloss -- as well as between gloss and next line of Hebrew; particularly the space between gloss & the next Hebrew line is more than desired.

Is there someway to reduce this band of horizontal space between these lines?

(I did search Accordance help for this setting; but was unsuccessful at finding an answer to this problem.)

Enoch, I believe you want to reduce the line spacing in the Set Text Display dialog. But, you may want to post an image so we can see what you refer to.

Last time I tried putting an image, your system rejected its format.

I have the text display set where I want it for regular text reading. I do not wish to go changing that every time I bring up the interlinear. I just want to reduce the interlinear, which inserts really a lot of space between lines.

Example:

Here is the text line.

-

Here is the gloss line.

-

-

Here is the next text line.

BTW, I am at a loss at to why the editing tool bars are greyed out on this forum word processor & will not work right now.

Thanks for trying to help me, Joel.

Edited by Enoch

Enoch, you should be able to post any jpg or png image to the forums. These are very standard image formats, so converting to one should be easy if needed.

On my machine, the amount of line spacing is exactly equal to the line spacing I have specified. My set Text Display says to use 34% line spacing, and this is consistent between each line of normal text, and each line of interlinear text (see attached photo). Maybe you are getting extra lines because you have unneeded interlinear rows visible?

Screen Shot 2014-11-08 at 6.03.24 PM.png

Enoch, it looks like there are empty lines where you actually want information. Is it possible that you've simply encountered the bug described in another thread? http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14289

There's a way around the problem for now and a fix is already in the works.