Accordance 11 makes my maps in Spanish (or other language)

Jon Falkenstein

I just upgraded to Accordance 11 this weekend and I've noticed that my atlas maps module is now in some foreign language (it looks like Spanish) and I don't know how to make it back to English. This happened on BOTH my Windows & my Mac module. I can't find a regionalization option in preferences. I've attached a screenshot. Help!

Really, this is starting to feel like Beta software with all the bugs I've experienced, between random crashes and failure to sync w/ dropbox on my windows pc, and now this. I kind of wish I'd not upgraded until patches came out. I really hope patches come out fast. I use my atlas module to help people at my church in Bible study and now that is not an option for me.

This has already been reported and a fix is on the way.

There a lot of reports for this issue. But no one reports that the maps are in german. I miss this :)

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

I'm so sorry you're feeling neglected, Fabian! :) No reports of the maps coming up in Chinese or Portuguese, either. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Really, this is starting to feel like Beta software with all the bugs I've experienced, between random crashes and failure to sync w/ dropbox on my windows pc, and now this. I kind of wish I'd not upgraded until patches came out. I really hope patches come out fast. I use my atlas module to help people at my church in Bible study and now that is not an option for me.

That sounds a bit harsh, but maybe it will spur Oaktree to a implement a wider open beta testing phase before release of future updates.

There will be enough volunteers, that has already been made clear.

To be fair, the Spanish Atlas issue had nothing to do with the number of beta testers, but simply an oversight in last minute localization updates from our team.

Thank you for commenting on this; I could not figure out how to make it English again.

Loving A11,

Just to be clear, it is fixed in 11.01

• 2 years later...

The German localization is a little delayed, but it is coming soon.

Dear Helen, do you have a commitment to the translators that they will do this work (and for the Timeline) in the next time?

Unnecessary to say that, Accordance have then find the Timeline and Atlas entry even if I Start from an English Bible. And this seems not to be the case. Accordance search only for the word itself and not for the translations too. I just checked it with a Spanish Bible and search "Jerusalén" with right click to the Atlas. 

• 4 months later...

The German localization is a little delayed, but it is coming soon.

I think it will be great if the German localization for the Atlas and Timeline will be done till  

International Society of Biblical Literature

with European Association of Biblical Studies

Berlin, Germany

Humboldt University

Sunday-Friday, August 7-11, 2017

is started.

Greetings

Fabian