Copying and pasting a citation with bibliographical information

tebel

I am trying to get Accordance to copy and paste as a citation with the bibliographical information However, it always pastes without the bibliographical info. I have tweaked my settings but I must be missing a crucial setting somewhere.

Some specific examples would be helpful. Also, I believe the texts are cited differently than a secondary resource in SBL standards (as well as Turabian), generally that is.

Just to give you a few examples: I have copied from Calvin's commentaries, the Anchor Bible, the Expositor's BIble, BHS Apparatus - I get no referencing with any of these, only the copied text.

What are your bibliography settings? And what program are you pasting into?

My settings are attached. I have tried also to change them. I use TextEdit and Pages.

There's the problem! You have "Insert citation as footnote" checked - which uses a different form of copying to get the contents as footnotes that work with Word and Mellel. Pages doesn't seem to understand what we are giving it (and TextEdit doesn't use footnotes), so that content is being ignored. Just uncheck the preference!

• Like 1

Hi Rari.

it's not an answer, but what happens when you uncheck the "insert citation as footnote" setting? I don't use that at all. I find it unreliable. But turned off Accordance always gives me what info it can.

• Like 1

Seems like Joel and I were typing similar answers at exactly the same time. Perhaps that option should have an annotation for Word and Mellel. It also works in Nisus Write Pro. INterestingly pasting the citation crashes Libreoffice.

Problem solved. I unchecked the preference and the bibliographical info is added underneath. Thanks guys.

Seems like Joel and I were typing similar answers at exactly the same time. Perhaps that option should have an annotation for Word and Mellel. It also works in Nisus Write Pro. INterestingly pasting the citation crashes Libreoffice.

That's the first I've heard of it crashing an app; we'll have to look into that. It should work in every major word processor except Pages. But, if you use Joe Weaks' AppleScript, it will work there too.

• 3 weeks later...

I changed settings as well and can't get this to work from various books to either word or pages...???

Hi Marc(?),

can you take a shot and post your settings.

Are you sure you are using "copy as citation"? (Sorry - I don't mean to be patronising)