BHS-W4 Search Problems

Kyle Essary

I'm having issues when searching in BHS-W4. Whenever I search for a phrase say, "אֱלֹהֵי אָבִיךָ" in BHS-GBS I get the results instantaneously. When I do the same search in BHS-W4 I get the "Select Lexical Forms" box. What am I doing wrong? I would love to get instant search results with BHS-W4 as well since it's tagged to everything else (like the Syntax module).

I've attached two screenshots of the issue.

post-434-047644300 1290898775_thumb.jpg

post-434-038917300 1290898785_thumb.jpg

You should read the Help about searching tagged original language texts (BHS-GBS is not tagged and is really a facsimile), which are searched by lexical forms or grammatical tags (which is why you're getting the dialog--the inflected forms aren't matching any lexical forms).

But, you should know that if you select a word or phrase in BHS-W4 and either press the search button on the Resource Palette or Amplify menu > Search, it will properly format the search for that phrase. You may have an a-ha moment when you try this.

You should read the Help about searching tagged original language texts (BHS-GBS is not tagged and is really a facsimile), which are searched by lexical forms or grammatical tags (which is why you're getting the dialog--the inflected forms aren't matching any lexical forms).

But, you should know that if you select a word or phrase in BHS-W4 and either press the search button on the Resource Palette or Amplify menu > Search, it will properly format the search for that phrase. You may have an a-ha moment when you try this.

Aha! Thanks.

Archived