9.6.3 is released

Helen Brown

Here is the list of the more important bug fixes:

• Fixed center justify display of pictures
  • Fixed user Bible import verse alignment (please reimport the Bible)
  • Fixed emulator crashes when searching
  • Significant improvements to syntax searching and tree display
  • Fixed inconsistent line heights
  • Fixed picture render crash on 10.7 Lion
  • Fixed saving of folder states within the Library
  • Many more bug fixes

Helen, I just installed 9.6.3 this morning and I'm noticing a bug when editing notes and tools. The text is refreshing oddly as I type - entire words and lines and invisible characters are disappearing. This will cause lines to jump as paragraph characters temporarily aren't displaying, and sentences to flash in and out as well. The editor still functions, and the notes and tools are displaying properly, but the effect is really distracting.

Just thought I'd let you all know.

I'm on Lion 10.7.4

The update went well enough, but I noticed that the 9.6.3 update showed up in the content updates window while also displaying the expected Sparkle update dialogue. I don't know if this is intentional.

We are looking into this, and can reproduce the issue.

Should we hold back from upgrading for the moment?

The update went well enough, but I noticed that the 9.6.3 update showed up in the content updates window while also displaying the expected Sparkle update dialogue. I don't know if this is intentional.

I did not have this issue in upgrading.

Nick: We don't think this is a super urgent problem. It is annoying if you work in the Edit window a lot. If you are not sure, make a copy of 9.6.2 outside Applications, and you can rename it and put it back there after the update so you have the option of using either. I'm not sure when the next update will come out.

Helen, I just installed the 9.6.3 update, and I also am experiencing the identical formatting behavior as described by Wes Allen yesterday. It seems that whenever I edit a User Note, the lines jump around as though they were superscripted. One line will encroach upon the line above it, and the line below seems to disappear temporarily. But when my editing is saved and the User Note window is closed and reopened, all appears as normal. Is there a way to install the previous version over 9.6.3 until this behavior has been corrected? Thanks!

Just a reminder for others who might have had the experience with the weird formatting behavior in 9.6.3, and might also be QuicKeys users: If you decide to revert (temporarily) to 9.6.2, here is a situation I encountered and solved: I went back into Time Machine to retrieve the earlier 9.6.2 version of Accordance after I had updated it to 9.6.3 and then discovered weird formatting behavior. Since I opted in favor to Time Machine's offer keep both versions in my Applications folder, the older ("original") version of Accordance.app was renamed "Acordance (original).app." Then when I launched the earlier version, I noticed that my QuicKeys shortcuts were no longer responsive. This problem was corrected once I went back and deleted the 9.6.3 version in my Applications Folder and then renamed 9.6.2 according to its original name ("Accordance.app").

We have found and fixed the bug, sorry about that. We need to wait just a little to be sure that more bugs don't crawl out of the woodwork, and we'll release an update.

Thanks Helen, it is a bit annoying if you work in the edit window a lot. For notes I can just type on my iPad - but user tools are another story.

You all do such great work, thank you!

Thanks, Helen. You and your team are always on the situation like white on rice! Great work, and, as always, the best product of its kind on the market!

Helen, I just installed 9.6.3 this morning and I'm noticing a bug when editing notes and tools. The text is refreshing oddly as I type - entire words and lines and invisible characters are disappearing. This will cause lines to jump as paragraph characters temporarily aren't displaying, and sentences to flash in and out as well. The editor still functions, and the notes and tools are displaying properly, but the effect is really distracting.

Just thought I'd let you all know.

I'm on Lion 10.7.4

I'm having the same issue. It IS distracting. When I scroll, the merged lines unmerge and become readable again. The tool displays correctly - the problem is in edit mode.

Thanks ahead of time for the fix, and thanks for a wonderful piece of software. I'm addicted.

Julia (in NE Tennessee)

• 3 weeks later...
I'm having the same issue. It IS distracting. When I scroll, the merged lines unmerge and become readable again. The tool displays correctly - the problem is in edit mode. Thanks ahead of time for the fix, and thanks for a wonderful piece of software. I'm addicted. Julia (in NE Tennessee)

I was having the same issue and then downloaded 9.6.4. It seems to have taken care of the issue.