help window

bcordoba

I find it tough to use the help window, when to use the help I have to close the "help" window in order to gain access to Accordance. I have a small 13" screen so moving the window to the side is awkward. Any chance we can make the help window behave like any other window?

Thanks.

Beno

Does this happen only in Accordance, or in your other applications too?

What Mac OS are you using?

I ask, because the "always floating on top" help window is a "feature" of Leopard (10.5) and Snow Leopard (10.6). In Leopard, there is apparently a fix possible using a Terminal command ( defaults write com.apple.helpviewer NormalWindow -bool true ) see This Macworld wiki page. But it doesn't appear to work in most installations of Snow Leopard. (I tried it on mine, and it did nothing).

One option is to minimize the help window by clicking on the yellow dot in the upper left corner of the window.

Lorinda

Lorinda,

thanks for the help.

I tried the terminal window command and rebooted but it did not help. I am on Snow Leopard. The help window stays above all windows not just Accordance. It does minimize so that is some help.

I guess that is the best I can do right now.

Thanks again for the help.

Beno

Another workaround is to print the desired help section as a PDF.

Find your particular help section, then click on the gear menu in the Help Viewer toolbar, select print, and click PDF in the lower left hand corner. Then you can view that particular help section in Preview.

Archived