Question

joseph steinbeck

I am looking into purchasing an Accordance package. I have a couple of questions.

The first relates to the fields or layers in tools. I like how Accordance distinguishes this data. It often creates for a marvelous experience. I do wonder, nonetheless, if it is possible to add another field to the tools? This field would be a flat "All Text" field. Sometimes its handy for a comprehensive search.

Another item I curious about. Perhaps I've overlooked it or the demo version doesn't permit as much. Is there an option to create notes in tools, such as Koehler Baumgartner? In addition, when I add a note to a tool, does it create another searchable field, entitle, My Notes, or the likes?

Thanks for your time.

The first relates to the fields or layers in tools. I like how Accordance distinguishes this data. It often creates for a marvelous experience. I do wonder, nonetheless, if it is possible to add another field to the tools? This field would be a flat "All Text" field. Sometimes its handy for a comprehensive search.

This cannot be done with the way the tools are set up now; indeed the ability to discriminate is a strength of Accordance tool searches. Nonetheless, it is an interesting idea (though it might not work for some layers like original languages).

Another item I curious about. Perhaps I've overlooked it or the demo version doesn't permit as much. Is there an option to create notes in tools, such as Koehler Baumgartner? In addition, when I add a note to a tool, does it create another searchable field, entitle, My Notes, or the likes?

This feature has been requested many times in the forums. Someday perhaps. I for one hope it is sooner rather than later.

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta

I would find this useful too.

If you Search All a tool (or multiple tools) it will search every field. So just make a little My Group containing your tool (or other things as well) and use Search All to check all the fields.

User Notes on Tools is very high on our list, should be seeing it sometime soon. When its done, it would be part of your standard notes file, which can be searched.

• Like 1

If you Search All a tool (or multiple tools) it will search every field. So just make a little My Group containing your tool (or other things as well) and use Search All to check all the fields.

I know this is possible, but it's rather inelegant.