Timeline user data

Ken Han

This question was asked (by me) before and answered (by Helen, I think), but I can no longer find it.

Where is the user DATA (e.g. custom entries) for Timeline stored? After making a bunch of user item modifications to the Timeline yesterday, NO Timeline related files show expected modification date (yesterday), except ~/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/Timeline

If this is where the user DATA is being stored, I don't think it's the best place. Can we store user DATA in more obvious places like ~/Documents/Accordance Files/ ?

The user created items are stored in ~/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/User Items

Thanks Helen. But wouldn't it make more sense to only keep settings related files in Preferences and keep the data related files in more expected locations like Accordance Files? I remember once before I lost fairly extensive amount of work I put into Timeline because I didn't know to back up the Preferences folder, and did not catch the mistake until it was too late. And if anyone is relying Dropbox, for example, for their backup, Preferences folders need to be added explicitly before it is synced to Dropbox. There's potential for inadvertent data loss here that can be prevented if data files are saved in more expected locations.