28 replies to this topic

#21 griffrank

griffrank

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

I went back to 10.7 and everything is working fine. The crashes are gone. I'll wait for the 10.2.1 and try again. I replaced the app and the accordance docs file from Time machine.

#22 bjkegley

bjkegley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

I just updated to 10.2 and am now getting the same crash. I updated to the linked 10.2.1 and then tried syncing with Dropbox. Now all my highlight files, user notes and user tools have been deleted. Any suggestions for getting these back?

#23 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

You can always recover recently deleted content by going to dropbox.com, logging into your Dropbox, navigating to the Accordance folder inside the Apps folder and choosing to restore deleted files.

Note that you may need to navigate into the User Notes, User Tools, and Hilights folders and turn on show deleted files so you can recover them.

Edited by Scott Knapp, 24 July 2013 - 07:08 PM.

#24 Jonathan C. Borland

Jonathan C. Borland

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:48 AM

I went back to 10.7 and everything is working fine. The crashes are gone. I'll wait for the 10.2.1 and try again. I replaced the app and the accordance docs file from Time machine.

I did the same thing the hour I updated.

#25 James Taylor

James Taylor

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:43 PM

Is there anything us AppStore users can do?  I can't even open the new version.  Just crashes with the DropBox dialog.  Kink of a bummer not to be able to use the program.

JT

OK, I found a recent BU and replaced the new version with the last one.  

Edited by James Taylor, 08 August 2013 - 11:47 PM.

#26 James Taylor

James Taylor

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:55 AM

So just tried the update again and it's still broken for App Store users?  Is there an update in the works?  Still trying to install some modules that are broken in the previous version of Accordance.  Soon?

JT

#27 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 7,937 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:17 AM

We will submit an update soon. The 10.2.2 crash can be fixed:

You can delete the General preferences and run through the setup again, choosing not to sync to DropBox. The problem is that for the Mac AppStore version the files are "sandboxed" and to get to them you have drill down to this folder:

/Users/[your user]/Library/Containers/com.OakTree.MAS.Accordance/Data/Library/Application Support/Accordance/Accordance Preferences

and remember that the Library is invisible unless you press option as you open the Go menu in the Finder.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#28 Ken Simpson

Ken Simpson

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,285 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy
    Archaeology
    Physics
    Hebrew and Greek
    Papyrology
    Surgeon

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:19 AM

Hi James,

have you tried the solution Helen suggested over here.

Here is is copied to here. You will need to go through the setup again, but make sure that you don't do the dropbox syncing. That is often the cause of this problem.

You won't lose any of your modules etc. BUt it's worth a try I would think

We will post a fix ASAP, but in the meantime you can delete the General preferences and run through the setup again, choosing not to sync to DropBox. The problem is that for the Mac AppStore version the files are "sandboxed" and to get to them you have drill down to this folder:

/Users/[your user]/Library/Containers/com.OakTree.MAS.Accordance/Data/Library/Application Support/Accordance/Accordance Preferences

and remember that the Library is invisible unless you press option as you open the Go menu in the Finder.

You can also paste the path into the Go to Folder dialog available at the bottom of the Go menu.

Helen beat me by seconds!!

Regards
Ken
Australian Accordance Demonstrator

Administrator, Accordance Exchange

Assistant Minister, Summer Hill Church

#29 James Taylor

James Taylor

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts