4 replies to this topic

#1 jeff.mellema

jeff.mellema

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

I am wondering, do you anticipate making the NIVAC, BEC, and ZEC commentary volumes available for individual purchase (as opposed to only the complete set being for sale) in the future?  Many of us prefer to shop for commentaries by volume rather than series, as most series are somewhat inconsistent in their usefulness.  Forgive me if you've already answered this question in a past posting...I didn't find it if you did.  Thanks!

#2 Michael J. Bolesta

Michael J. Bolesta

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Interests:scripture study, preaching, teaching

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

This sort of thing has been requested in several previous threads. It is usually not economical for the Accordance folks. Here is a response from Helen Brown on another thread (see # 18): http://www.accordanc...umes#entry38714

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta, 17 July 2013 - 07:17 PM.

Michael

#3 Wayne

Wayne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

Is the NIV Application Commentary going to be available in individual volumns for purchase?

#4 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,836 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

In the past when we have done this the response has been negligible, and it's not a trivial amount of work to split them up, create separate product pages and database support, bibliographic citation support, etc. Then, we usually get questions on upgrading towards larger sets. So sales then has to account for that, if they decide to.

The result has been that we keep them in larger sets like OT and NT that are still relatively affordable. Or in the case of incomplete series (like ZEC or Hermeneia) we wait until we have enough vols to make it a good deal. And, speaking of deal, you will always get a better deal per volume when you purchase them in larger sets.

I hope this helps to explain things.

• Abram K-J likes this

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#5 JoshPannell

JoshPannell

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Philosophy, Culture, Studying, Languages, Reading, Discussion, Guitar, Coffee, Beards.

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

As a student I would really appreciate an opportunity to purchase the commentaries individually. Normally I purchase commentaries based on what book I am studying next in my devotions rather than by set. Also, I would really like to be able to see my commentaries individually and not by set. For example, I own EBC. I would like to sift through it to see the commentary on James vs. just clicking the entire set.

Also, I was recently told on your live chat that this is also dependent on what the publisher has allowed you to do. I understand if this is the case. But if there is any way I could get a commentary separate from the set then I know I would be spending more money on your product.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users