• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

SORRY! It turns out that the update has disabled Dropbox link. Had to enable it again. All syncs again as intended.

Both iPad and iPhone app versions don't sync. I press Sync button on both devices, and I get the following popup:

Accordance Sync

Waiting for Accordance…

[Cancel]

Edited by Guntis, 25 August 2013 - 07:53 AM.

“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

#2 Mike Garrity

Mike Garrity

Gold

• Accordance
  • 342 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:00 AM

That popup is for WiFi syncing with the desktop version of Accordance. Since the desktop version of Accordance manages the synced items, you need to also select the menu item Accordance > Sync with Mobile Device.

If you want to sync with Dropbox and are getting this popup then you need to link to Dropbox first (Library > Settings > User Content Syncing > Link to Dropbox)

Mike

#3 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

That popup is for WiFi syncing with the desktop version of Accordance. Since the desktop version of Accordance manages the synced items, you need to also select the menu item Accordance > Sync with Mobile Device.

If you want to sync with Dropbox and are getting this popup then you need to link to Dropbox first (Library > Settings > User Content Syncing > Link to Dropbox)

Mike

Accordance for iOS was linked to the Dropbox before the 1.6.6 update. Update disabled Dropbox link. That's why I got confused and thought that there is some bug. Later I opened Settings and noticed button Link to Dropbox, then I realised where's the problem.

“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

#4 Mike Garrity

Mike Garrity

Gold

• Accordance
  • 342 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

OK, this might be related to the AccordanceBible.com account name and password needing to be reentered  in version 1.6.6.

Mike

#5 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

We did an internal company change to our App Store credentials and it looks like that also changed the digital signing of our app. So any information stored in the iOS keychain was reset. That includes your accordancebible.com and Dropbox credentials. This was a one time change so it shouldn't happen again. Sorry for the hassles.

#6 Michael J. Bolesta

Michael J. Bolesta

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Interests:scripture study, preaching, teaching
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

We did an internal company change to our App Store credentials and it looks like that also changed the digital signing of our app. So any information stored in the iOS keychain was reset. That includes your accordancebible.com and Dropbox credentials. This was a one time change so it shouldn't happen again. Sorry for the hassles.

It was not a huge hassle, but perhaps it could be announced on the Forum along with the release of the latest app version. Just a suggestion...

Michael
Accordance on Macintosh, iPhone, and iPad

#7 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

If you ever happen to have to do that again, please add a note to the update info on App Store. I usually read what's new. This caught me by surprise.

#8 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

This side affect also took us by surprise.

#9 Bob Deacon

Bob Deacon

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Interests:Bible, computers
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

It happened to me as well! All is now working good!

Bob Deacon
Retired Pastor

Murfreesboro, NC

MacBook Pro

Yosemite

Accordance 11

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sync

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users