#1 Chuck Schneider

Chuck Schneider

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

One more week and I'll have been using Accordance for four whole years. When I include the iOS app, I have used Accordance nearly every single day since I made my first purchase. There were a few days in there, though, when I had to resort to paper texts and "tools" because it was unavoidable. :)

Using your software has, over time, ignited in me such an interest and an appreciation for the Scriptures that I've never experienced before. This fascination just grows and grows with time.

Thank you Accordance: your software has transformed my daily Bible study and devotionals in such a tremendously fulfilling way. I'm deeply grateful.

• MatthewCrowe, Jose Cordeiro Morgado, bkMitchell and 1 other like this
OSX Yosemite
Version 10.10
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

iPad Air 2 iOS 8.1

128 GB

#2 Tony Lawrence

Tony Lawrence

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:Hosting Bible Land Tours, Expository Preaching, My granddaughter
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

I have been using Accordance just a little over four years. The learning curve was sorta steep at the beginning but now everything seems perfectly logical. There are so many areas where I appreciate Accordance:

1. It has made me a better student of the Scriptures with a desire to dig deeper because I can.

2. It has also provided me with a wide range of tools that can be used efficiently.

3. It is so versatile that it can be used in the study preparation but also in the classroom. 

4. It goes with me everywhere on my iPhone and iPad.

5. It has some graphical tools that can easily illustrate topography of the Bible lands.

6. It is affordable and can be expanded.

7. It has features that I am still discovering four years later!

• danieleburrow, Jose Cordeiro Morgado and davidmedina like this
Tony Lawrence
biblelandphotos.org

#3 Julie Falling

Julie Falling

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

I agree with you both about the way Accordance transforms Bible reading and study.  

Realistically, how many people, with a hard copy of the Bible in front of them, take the time to look up the references included?  How many will take the time to find out where the place mentioned in the text is located using the maps in the back?  And how many will drag out a Bible dictionary to try to figure out who that obscure person is to whom the text is referring?  Because all this stuff is very quickly available in Acordance, we don't have to have a huge block of time to pursue all these things.  Accordance enables us to make the most of our study and reading time.  I've been using it for nearly 10 years and I'm still learning.  It's a wonderful and powerful tool.  I would give up my dishwasher before I'd give up Accordance (and I really don't particularly love doing dishes).

Thanks for starting the thread, Chuck.

• danieleburrow and Ken Simpson like this

Julia Falling

Accordance 11

MacBook Air Yosemite

mid-2013 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7 (2 cores)

8 GB RAM; 512 G SSD

Mac mini Yosemite Acc 11

late-2012 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 (4 cores)

16 GB RAM; 1.12  TB Fusion Drive

iPad Air 1 iOS 8.1

64 GB

#4 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,664 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

I just can't express to you all just how encouraging posts like this are to us. It is the nature of the software business to sow seed in places where we rarely see the harvest, just as it is in the Kingdom itself. When users like you express their thanks, we are grateful. At the same time, we are reminded of just how many more people may share your feelings, but not think to express it [or have a way to].

Thanks for taking time from your busy schedules to encourage us. We appreciate it.

• Julie Falling, danieleburrow, Dan Francis and 5 others like this

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Mac: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

#5 Abram K-J

Abram K-J

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

I started using Accordance just over a year ago. I inquired about the program as a blogger/reviewer and they have made a (happy) customer out of me.

You know, it's sort of like the college kid away from school who is much more likely to call her or his parents when in trouble, needing something, etc. It doesn't mean he or she loves them any less, but that student may not think to call just to say things are going great.

Same dynamic is at play with the forums, I think. So, yes, I will echo my appreciation for Accordance and how easy it makes studying the Bible (and other texts), preparing sermons, etc. 

Thank you!!!

• danieleburrow, PhilT and Randy Cue like this

Abram K-J
Pastor, Writer, Editor, Blogger
Web: Words on the Word

Accordance 11 on Yosemite: early 2008 iMac / late 2008 MacBook

Latest iAccord on latest iOS on iPad mini

#6 Randy Cue

Randy Cue

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Interests:Teaching adult Sunday School, baseball

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

I haven't used Accordance as long as many of you, but I can't imagine being without it now. As a lay teacher of an adult Sunday School class of around 70, I turn to Accordance to assist in weekly lesson preparation. So I too thank you for a fine product. I also commend you on a strong Christian stance.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

• danieleburrow and davidmedina like this

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

21.5 inch iMac (mid 2010)

OSX Yosemite 10.10

#7 Chuck Schneider

Chuck Schneider

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:17 PM

Well, it's five years now and I still feel the same way. :)

Over the years, I've spent a small fortune on the various tools and texts, but I'm sincerely grateful to Oaktree for this product.

I'm pretty sure that I have not missed a single day of using Accordance this last year. I just love the software and what it has made possible for me.

Thanks again for an inspiring and fascinating year!

• Julie Falling, Gordon and Pchris like this
OSX Yosemite
Version 10.10
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

iPad Air 2 iOS 8.1

128 GB

#8 Julie Falling

Julie Falling

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:29 AM

Chuck –  We've spend spent a small fortune here, too, as we now have two licenses (two desktops, two laptops, two iPads, two iPhones).  

The advantages of having Accordance has been made plain to us again this fall.  We're auditing a basic Hebrew class at a local Christian college.  While the young people are struggling with an online interlinear, we have a better one in Accordance, one that makes all the info readily available without having to leave a starter screen online and then navigate back.  Built-in lexicons and grammatical helps.  It's wonderful.

I, too, never go a day without using Accordance.  No regrets.  I've been at it nearly 11 years.

Edited by Julie Falling, 23 September 2014 - 07:29 AM.

• Dan Francis and Andrew Mercer like this

Julia Falling

Accordance 11

MacBook Air Yosemite

mid-2013 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7 (2 cores)

8 GB RAM; 512 G SSD

Mac mini Yosemite Acc 11

late-2012 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 (4 cores)

16 GB RAM; 1.12  TB Fusion Drive

iPad Air 1 iOS 8.1

64 GB

#9 tony10000

tony10000

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:06 PM

I am a newbie but am appreciative of the program, the forum and the stellar support!

• Julie Falling likes this

Tony Thomas

www.zoeproject.com

Windows 7 and 8 Systems

Accordance: 11

Ipad Mini 1G (iOS 8.1)

Ipod Touch 4G (iOS 6.16)

Bible Study with Accordance: 1.7

#10 Dan Francis

Dan Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:12 PM

I have been using it since 1994 when it was known as MacBible 3.0.... It has grown into a powerful program and has been a blessing to me for many many years.

-Dan

• Julie Falling likes this

#11 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:32 PM

Clarification:

Accordance never was MacBible. It was developed from scratch with entirely new code, by the same genius who developed ThePerfectWord in the 1980's. Zondervan bought out ThePerfectWord and turned it into MacBible. Accordance was a new independent venture in the early 1990's and owed nothing to MacBible except the experience gained while developing and marketing ThePerfectWord.

• Dan Francis likes this
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#12 ukfraser

ukfraser

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:16 AM

I have been using accordance for just over three years when I bought the
Zondervan Essential Bible Study Suite for Macintosh® CD-ROM which included an early version of accordance and quickly upgraded and started using the wonderful iOS version.

I would like to add to Tony's comment and as others have said,

'1. It has made me a better student of the Scriptures with a desire to dig deeper because I can.'

Accordance has not only fuelled the desire but also enables me to follow that desire (supported by webinars, podcasts and forum).

In addition, I have my elibrary with me and so can explore random discussions, such as exploring Mary Magdalene, over coffee after the service and that is priceless!

I must admit to spending more when I first bought it until I discovered you have sales and there are other ways to get discounts (but I have now got WBC at a bargain price as it's something I have been trying to get for many years so a very happy bunny. Not to mention the amount I have saved on additional bookcases and an extension to house my growing library or the reduction in the environmental impact!)

Thank you oak tree and other forum contributors, it has now become one of those tools I don't want to be without.

Edited by ukfraser, 21 September 2014 - 03:20 AM.

Fraser Sims
iOS 7, mountain lion, win 7 and win XP.
Other life enhancing software I use includes forScore with AirTurn page turner, HymnQuest, Lightroom and Sibelius.

#13 bkMitchell

bkMitchell

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:32 AM

I have been a very happy Accordance user since October 2012

And have become even more enthusiastic about Accordance since the Windows version was released.  

Keep up the Great work!

חַפְּשׂוּ בַּתּוֹרָה הֵיטֵב וְאַל תִּסְתַּמְּכוּ עַל דְּבָרַי

#14 Dan Francis

Dan Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:10 AM

I just remember there being upgrades from macBible, but that was most likely a zondervan thing. Needless to say I have been using Accordance a fair bit... I cannot be 100% sure I was using ACC 1.0, but i do remember getting an upgrade from 2 to 3...

-Dan

#15 Starrman44

Starrman44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:53 PM

I just bought Accordance this week. It's like a five year old trying to balance a waiter's tray full of food. It's exhilarating, but I'm not efficient with it at all. I am working my way through podcasts, so I will get more efficient, but just exploring has uncovered quite a few little nuggets in my studies so far.

I'm super excited. Glad to see veteran user's still pumped. I didn't even know about this product until I was doing research for a Bible Software program about a month ago.

#16 ukfraser

ukfraser

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:23 PM

Welcome starrman.

When you have worked through the podcasts, investigate the webinar archives, there are even more gems to discover!

http://www.accordanc...ebinar-Archives

;o)

Edit: and there is a webinar programme you can subscribe to so a chance to see live and ask questions. (Archives are good if you can't wait or sleep).

Edited by ukfraser, 21 September 2014 - 03:10 AM.

• Pchris likes this
Fraser Sims
iOS 7, mountain lion, win 7 and win XP.
Other life enhancing software I use includes forScore with AirTurn page turner, HymnQuest, Lightroom and Sibelius.

#17 Pchris

Pchris

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Old Testament Exegesis, The Ancient Near East, the Hamito-Semitic languages, Ancient Greek, Mythology
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:35 PM

Welcome starrman.

When you have worked through the podcasts, investigate the webinar archives, there are even more gems to discover!

http://www.accordanc...ebinar-Archives

;o)

There is still so much to discover for me as well - one of these days I'm gonna read every single help file from the "Accordance Help" item..

Accordance Version: 11.0.3 

Hardware: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 (medio 2012)
Operating System: OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks.

#18 Starrman44

Starrman44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:15 PM

I've been enjoying the Webinar Archives. Thanks everyone for the heads up!!

#19 Ryan Gustason

Ryan Gustason

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:23 AM

I think the program is awesome, especially the user tools, but what I really like is the support... from the forums to Dr. J's podcasts, the support is awesome. Even phone support was great when I wanted to upgrade to essentials collection and reduce the price based on modules I had recently purchased earlier but were included in the essentials collection.  It's the little things like that which make Accordance awesome.  I bought a Mac solely to go to Accordance through the recommendations of peers. Now I love my Mac and Accordance and would not go back to Windows, and I'm a Windows Administrator for my day job.

I've been using Accordance since 2010.

My blog:        Pentecostal Blogger

Hardware:     Late 2013 13" MBP Retina OSX 10.10 8GB RAM

HP Desktop p2-1013w model Windows 7 Home  3GB RAM

Accordance:  11

#20 Kevin Soars

Kevin Soars

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:54 PM

Now, I have been an Accordance user for quite a long time (I am getting, have already gotten, old so, as it was before last week I cannot really remember how long!) I do not use it as much as I could (nowhere near as much as many of you) and perhaps should but I would like to add the following.

I agree with all that has been written so far. Perhaps the following from Ryan Gustason sums up much of what I myself think:

"I think the program is awesome, especially the user tools, but what I really like is the support... from the forums to Dr. J's podcasts, the support is awesome. Even phone support was great"

I would add one thing more and that is the 'community' as a whole. Yes, Helen and the team (Dr J and ALL the others...) and all on the Forum... Then the number of users who because of Accordance and with the help of Skype, have become new and, may I say, close friends.

So, if I may, I finish with the phrase that Randy Cue finishes with "Soli Deo Gloria"  - thanks be to G*d and thanks to so many for so much.

Kevin.

• Dan Francis and Chuck Schneider like this
Kevin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users