chronological reading starting on custom date

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aharon0414

aharon0414

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Backpacking, Pipe-smoking, enjoying microbrews, studying and teaching Bible
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

I would like to create a custom reading plan that reads through the Bible Chronologically. Here's the catch though: I want to start in tandem with the Jewish Torah reading calendar, so Genesis 1-3 would be read on September 28 (or there abouts). I've checked out Enscriptured, and maybe I'm too dense to figure out a way to easily make it work for what I'm wanting to do. Any other ideas/suggestions?

Aaron

#2 JoshPannell

JoshPannell

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Philosophy, Culture, Studying, Languages, Reading, Discussion, Guitar, Coffee, Beards.

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

I would like something similar. I am in Bible College. Perhaps my Torah class will ask that I read the Torah 3 times before the class is over. I would like a feature where Accordance tells me what to read every day. Perhaps Accordance could even open up with this text. I would like this feature to sync with iCal also so that I have reminders. I would like this feature to work for all books and not just the Bible. Perhaps I am in a reading group going through Imitations of Christ and I need to have a section of the book read by our next meeting. I would like to be able to tell Accordance this and have it tell me what to read and when so that I don't have a huge chunk at the last minute.

#3 aharon0414

aharon0414

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Backpacking, Pipe-smoking, enjoying microbrews, studying and teaching Bible

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

Josh, check out enscriptured.org as it may be able to help with the Bible reading portion of what you're looking for. 

I've played around with it a bit, and can't figure out how to make it work for a customized plan, but maybe I'm just not putting enough time into it. I don't think you'll be able to use it for setting up reading plans for other modules though. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users