Strong's Tagging Incorrect in 1Cor 13:4

Russs

Hi Russs,

thanks for the correction. There is an inbuilt mechanism in accordance to let us know of these issues. In the Help menu on the Mac, there is an item "Report a correction". If you highlight the issue in accordance, and then select "report a correction" a properly formatted email, with the text information we need to make the correction will be created in your default mail application. Then you can add your explanatory notes and send it in. You should get a response from your submission quite promptly.

We realise that there are errors in the text, and welcome the corrections. We usually wait until there are a few corrections to make and then release a new update to the text. So your correction may (or may not) appear quite promptly by way of an updated text. By the way, you do have the latest KJVS? (v 3.2 - check - about the text in the menu).

Having said that I am not convinced this is an error, or at least it's ambiguous, (though it's not my call) and it may be that Mr Strong himself coded it this way. The greek περπερεύομαι is a middle form and thus generally can be thought of as having a reflexive sense to it. Hence to properly key περπερεύεται you would have to key it to both words, because περπερεύεται means "vaunteth itself" (at least in KJ english). If we did that it would mess up searches for keys and you would get 2 results when you should have had only 1. I think it is probably not ideally keyed myself because most users I suspect would see there is more semantic weight contained in the "vaunteth" part of the translation than the "itself".

So what I am saying is "I can see why that is not unreasonable" at the same time as saying "I think we should ask the question".

Thanks!

By the way, I made the "report a correct" report for this just a moment ago.