Poole & Gill

ericjmu

The conversion to unicode was rather easier than I thought. There was not much Hebrew in Poole and I wrote a macro to convert the Greek. That means Poole is now ready to load. All I am waiting for now is 10.3.2.

Edited by Steve King

• 1 month later...

Yes there is news. 10.3.2 does import unicode correctly (on Mac - not on Windows), however there are some issues with the Hebrew. The Greek imports OK from a Word produced HTML file but the Hebrew has caused me a lot of issues. Word on Mac is hopeless but Word on Windows is at least consistent. I thought I had solved it all but then realised that the word order was reversed on import. I am just loading up what I hope will be the final version of Poole today (I've had to reverse letter order because of Word and now I have to reverse the word order because of HTML so that it loads up matching the original file.) There is not much Hebrew in Poole to be honest and only a few places where there is more than one word at a time but I am using it to test a large import. If this works correctly then I will load up what I hope will be the final version of Gill.

Nearly there. Once it is done then getting it onto Accordance Exchange will take a bit of time.

If you want a copy prior to that then send me a personal message and I can arrange to give you access to a shared dropbox folder to download them - Hopefully today for Poole and possibly tomorrow for Gill.

Edited by Steve King

At last! I have created the user tools for both Poole and Gill now. I will contact Ken in order to get these across to the Accordance Exchange. You should be aware that there is an issue with searching in Gill. This may be to do with the size of the user tool - it seems to stop highlighting hits after a certain point in the tool. I will raise it as a bug to see if that might be the problem.

Just as an update - I have split Gill into Old and New Testament which solves the searching problem.

Edited by Steve King
  • Like 2

HI guys, I am in Baltimore at SBL and then out of contact until 4th December. Steve, if you hold your upload till then it would be appreciated. I will get onto it as soon as I can after that date.

• Like 1

That's fine Ken. I thought you were unavailable until December anyway. I will contact you after the 4th. Have a good time.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

sorry about this, but I am a bit swamped by the Christmas rush as a pastor at my church. I will get there. Promise.

Thanks everyone for their effort on these projects. Poole would be a fantastic resource for Accordance.

Blessings,

Chris

Pastor

Westminster Presbyterian Church