danzac

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:NT, historical Jesus, DSS, NT Backgrounds

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:10 AM

Joe,

I continue to be an applescript idiot. And I'm now a convert to Launchbar. While I loved quicksilver, it seems to have been abandoned by the creator and has been increasingly annoying on my computer (freezes ALOT).

The sole thing I miss now is your awesome Accordance scripts— especially the display and return scripts.

Any thoughts on making a Launchbar set of Accordance scripts?

#42 Joe Weaks

Joe Weaks

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Interests:I like things that are Orange, and possibly Blue.
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:35 PM

Danny,
It is my intention to clean up the code and implement them with LaunchBar, since Quicksilver's community-based status has remained unfulfilling. (So sad that he got hired by Google and hence was forced to abandon QS.)
Encouragement such as yours helps give me the motivation to get around to doing it. I haven't bought LB yet, even.
Joe
Joe Weaks
The Macintosh Biblioblog

Sometimes I'm so helpful even I can't stand it.

#43 danzac

danzac

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:08 PM

Hey Joe. I never thought I'd abandon QS, but I've fallen in love with launchbar. For a QS specific function, the only thing I miss are triggers (+ your applescripts). It really is excellent. It is fast, lots of commands, you can assign abbreviations to items, etc.

This may be of help to you, the new version of LB is open as a free beta. I actually haven't payed yet either, I'm using the beta.

#44 Mick Matousek

Mick Matousek

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:18 PM

Hey Joe. I never thought I'd abandon QS, but I've fallen in love with launchbar. For a QS specific function, the only thing I miss are triggers (+ your applescripts). It really is excellent. It is fast, lots of commands, you can assign abbreviations to items, etc.

This may be of help to you, the new version of LB is open as a free beta. I actually haven't payed yet either, I'm using the beta.

Choices :rolleyes:
LaunchBar & AppleScripts
To Trigger or Not To Trigger ?
Latest LaunchBar Revision History

#45 Shaun Walker

Shaun Walker

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:59 PM

It appears the Quicksilver actions no longer work with Accordance 9. Any chance these could be updated to work again? The coding is beyond me. I have really enjoyed these QS actions and would love to see them work with Accordance 9.

#46 danzac

danzac

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:52 AM

It appears the Quicksilver actions no longer work with Accordance 9. Any chance these could be updated to work again? The coding is beyond me. I have really enjoyed these QS actions and would love to see them work with Accordance 9.

Joe said on his blog that they'd be coming soon. I feel hamstrung without them too :-)

#47 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,267 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:11 AM

Joe has been ill these past weeks. We wish him a speedy recovery.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#48 Joe Weaks

Joe Weaks

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:00 PM

I'm slowly becoming productive and active online once again. A quick test showed that most QS actions are working again as of Accordance 9.0.4. As I said on my blog, it'd be helpful if you specified which actions are not working for you.

The development plan for the Accordance Quicksilver/LaunchBar actions is to migrate them over to the same architecture and the same Accordance Script Library that the Services use. So, when I can get to it, it will be a completely new version, with the old and additional functionality. The real masterpiece is the Accordance Script Library that's bundled with the Accordance Service pack. That script library allows you to use many options to access inter-application functionality with Accordance—Services, Quicksilver, LaunchBar, Butler, Alfred, Command Line, Raw Applescripts.

To be honest, it may be after Thanksgiving before I release new actions. I have a lot of deadlines in Oct. and Nov.

We'll see,
Joe
Joe Weaks
The Macintosh Biblioblog

#49 Shaun Walker

Shaun Walker

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:54 PM

I typically use the "Map", "Timeline", "Words", "Verses", and "Display" QS actions the most. So far the only one from that list that works for me in QS is the "display" action. I tried out numerous other QS actions and they don't work for me (parallel, current window, search all, etc.).

#50 Joe Weaks

Joe Weaks

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:16 PM

Shaun,

I see it now. Version 9 of Accordance changed the Name property of the binary process from "Accord" to "Acord", which breaks UI Scripting identification. It was an unintentional oversight on their part I suspect, and I will work to get that remedied.

Until I get to a a new release, in any of your scripts that aren't working (those that bring Accordance to the front), try opening the script in Script Editor and replacing the line:

set accordProcess to the first process whose name begins with "Accord"

with

set accordProcess to the first process whose displayed name begins with "Accordance"

Let me know if that works,
Joe

Edited by Joe Weaks, 06 October 2010 - 02:35 PM.

Joe Weaks
The Macintosh Biblioblog

#51 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:08 PM

Shaun,I see it now. Version 9 of Accordance changed the Name property of the binary process from "Accord" to "Acord", which breaks UI Scripting identification. It was an unintentional oversight on their part I suspect, and I will work to get that remedied.

This was an intentional change, needed due to installers and the different organization of Accordance files. However, we didn't advertise the change because most people aren't dependent on the internal bundle name.
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#52 Shaun Walker

Shaun Walker

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:34 PM

I changed "Accord" to "Acord" in the QS action scripts. That's all I know how to do so I gave it a whirl.

The "Map" QS action now sort of works. However, it doesn't use the recycled map window. Each time you use the "Map" QS action it opens a new map window. The Timeline action doesn't work. It tried the change on the "verses" and "words" actions and they still don't work either. Obviously there's something more/deeper that needs to be done.

I kindly defer to your expertise!

#53 Joe Weaks

Joe Weaks

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:54 PM

This was an intentional change, needed due to installers and the different organization of Accordance files. However, we didn't advertise the change because most people aren't dependent on the internal bundle name.

Joel,
This would've been a great opportunity to change the bundle name to "Accordance"! LOL
Having a bundle name so different from the displayed name is very odd. I know of a couple apps whose displayed name includes version number that is lacking from the bundle name, but that's about it.

No matter to me... I can work around it. Just means one more line of code. No biggie.

Joe
Joe Weaks
The Macintosh Biblioblog

#54 Joe Weaks

Joe Weaks

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:04 PM

I changed "Accord" to "Acord" in the QS action scripts. That's all I know how to do so I gave it a whirl.

The "Map" QS action now sort of works. However, it doesn't use the recycled map window. Each time you use the "Map" QS action it opens a new map window. The Timeline action doesn't work. It tried the change on the "verses" and "words" actions and they still don't work either. Obviously there's something more/deeper that needs to be done.

I kindly defer to your expertise!

Well, Shaun, thanks for trying. I now have all the Accordance Services working. Each was tested.
The Quicksilver actions use an older script library that is less robust. They need to migrate to the newer Accordance Script Library. I can send you a prototype if you email me..
Joe Weaks
The Macintosh Biblioblog

#55 GPauley

GPauley

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy; Biblical Languages and textual criticism; theology.

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

Is it possible to get the old scripts for QS? I am running a G4 PPC and would love to have them but can't find them.
Gary Pauley Teaching Pastor Mill Creek Community Church / www.millcreek-kc.org

#56 Joe Weaks

Joe Weaks

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

GPauley,

Sorry the file server for the package deprecated. I'll try and get them back up. I'll post here in the next day or so.
With me.com going away soon, I need to find a place to host all my downloads.

Joe
Joe Weaks
The Macintosh Biblioblog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users