What's In My Library?

jwritebol

First of all let me say that I really am grateful for Accordance and the wealth of search and study tools that it brings to the table. It is by far the finest piece of Biblical Software available on any system.

However there is something that I think Accordance is missing that would be profoundly helpful for me and I think others as well who have an Accordance Library that is growing. That would be some sort of "tool tips" or even a short module itself that has brief descriptions of what each module is.

Along with that I think it would be helpful to be able to rename the modules to fit something my mind connects with. For instance, I try to have a fairly organized "General Tool" List set. I have the categorized by "Reformed Writings, Systematic Theologies, Bible Survey and Background, Church Fathers & History, Inspirational Writings, and Miscellaneous Texts." What confuses me is that some of the texts listed by the Author's name (such as "Edwards") while some are listed by title (e.g. "Faith's Checkbook") and some have both, or a variation.

It would be beneficial to be able to scroll over a module and a tool tip show up that gives me the title of the module, author's name, and the year written, or some sense of the copyright material. That would allow me to find modules that might have what I am looking for a little bit more easily. I know that I can open a module and click "About the Text" but to have more information before having to do that would be easier.

Thanks for all your hard work, I love to new modules with the Library 7 update. Gotta get more Puritans in the library.

I concur with Jeremy - it would be very useful to have a more systematic approach to naming. I'm encouraged that the Accordance folks continue to add useful resources, and I'll continue to expand my library as they do. But as the library expands, the naming issue becomes more significant.

To my mind, a system that worked in the format "Author, Title" (or vice versa) would be best. Obviously some abbreviations would occur, but to less of an extent than in the current naming scheme. The popup info would also be helpful, but I think that's secondary to the systematic renaming.

Another alternative would be to allow users to rename resources themselves. Either development would make recognition and navigation much easier.

Archived