• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

Highlighting by adding images is  great feature, but as it is now, it's not useful. I add any image, but it is so small that on normal non-retina display I hardly can see what it is, and it's hidden behind the selected word, making text harder to read as well. Why not place images in-line, before the selected word or verse? Image would fill the line's height, easy to see, and not obscured by the text. And text would be easier to read, too. 

P.S. I wish user notes also would be represented by the images before the verse number, not just red dot at the right margin, which on iOS version I cannot even tap. Very confusing interface — user notes are shown with the red dot, but to select that note I have to tap on the verse number, not on the dot itself. Where else you've seen such solution that what you see is only for your eyes, for the interaction you have to tap elsewhere?… ;-)

In the attached screenshot — is it Thumbs Up, World Cross, or Earth? Impossible to discern...

Attached Files

Edited by Guntis, 03 October 2013 - 03:53 AM.

“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

#2 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:45 AM

Increasing the leading in Set Text Display helped me a lot, although even before I did so, the images I used didn't overlap the text.  I agree, however, that putting the image before the word would be helpful.  I'm guessing that's a huge programming nightmare, though, given what's been said elsewhere about how regular highlighting and cross-highlighting works.

Lorinda

Running Accordance on:

Mac 10.9 (Mavericks)

iOS 7 (iPad)

Windows Vista Home Premium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users