• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 davidmedina

davidmedina

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Interests:God, my family, the Bible, photography and film.
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

On Podcast 71 Dr. J suggest to organize the reference tools in a very useful way. 

The problem I have is identifying where each tool should go. For the ones I know I have no problems but the ones I am not that familiar with I have no idea where to place them under his suggested organization.

the ability to place the resource in more of one folder would be really nice.  Can we do that right now? 

Does ny one has a resource that could serve as a guide as how to match Accordance available Commentaries to the categories Dr. J suggest?

It would be really appreciated.

Thanks 

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Rom. 12:2

Blog: The Renewed Mind.

#2 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

You can't put a resource in more than one folder under the Tools section of the library.  In the Groups part of the "My Stuff" section, though, you can put tools of different types together, and a tool can be in more than one group.

Running Accordance on:
Mac 10.10 (Yosemite)
iOS 7 (iPad)
Windows Vista Home Premium

#3 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,668 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

I use an "other" folder to store the resources I don't know where to place, at least until I get familiar enough with them to make a decision. Otherwise, I put the commentaries I use most at the top and arrange the others by function.

Here's a screenshot of my current arrangement, though I do modify it from time to time:

Attached Files

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Mac: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

#4 davidmedina

davidmedina

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Interests:God, my family, the Bible, photography and film.

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

Thanks. That helps.

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Rom. 12:2

Blog: The Renewed Mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users