Help selecting the right tools

davidmedina

I am very new to Accordance. I currently have and use Logos 5 and I am very heavily invested in my Logo library. So I cannot abandon Logos. Still, I hear so many good things about Accordance and you guys have been so helpful that I decided to give it a try.

What i need to decide is that if I need two Bible study program and which one is ultimately better for my needs.But in order to give Accordance a real try I am considering putting together a basic study package with the Bible Study Collection and the IVP Essentials as an add-on.

Based on that and what the Bible Study Collections comes with, do you guys and gals have any suggestion as to what other books I should consider adding? I do not as yet do original language.

Thanks.

As much as I love Accordance, I'm not sure you should invest too heavily for a comparison. There are always more great books to buy, but the Bible Study Collection + IVP Essential is a really good collection of resources. If you start with that and decide to invest further, you can add resources then (and there are cross-grades available for some things, maybe even the IVP, I don't know).

Thanks.

The one possible recommendation I'd make (of course, feel free to take it with a grain of salt since I have the Accordance lamp under my picture :)) is to consider checking out the Bible Atlas, Photoguide, and/or Timeline (http://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=GraphicsBundle. The bundle that contains all 3, or you can look individually - or look at the Essential collection that includes them and a whole lot more). These fully interactive graphic tools don't really have anything in there class anywhere else, and I've heard many users value them enormously. Of course, for some users, having an atlas, pictures, or timeline isn't really necessary for what they desire, so as its often said, Your Mileage May Vary.

Thanks

It all depends what you have in your Logos Library… Some great Gems in Accordance are:

-Dan

Edited by Dan Francis