4 replies to this topic

#1 timothylfox

timothylfox

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

I'm running 9.6.6 on OSX 10.6.8. A few days ago, Accordance started closing immediately after opening. It bounces a few times in the dock, opens the library window (but nothing else) and closes about half a second later. I reinstalled Accordance (downloaded from the Acc site), fixed permissions, and restarted my computer. Any other ideas?

Tim

#2 davidmedina

davidmedina

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Interests:God, my family, the Bible, photography and film.
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

Not necessarily related but you should Certify the disc. You can do that in the disk utility. In my experience when the computer is misbehaving like that one possible explanation is that the hard drive is going bad. S.M.A.R.T. is a system the hard drive has that it helps you warn you of a HD going bad so you can take action before it does.

There is also a free utility called Onyx that I run once a week and it checks as well as optimize my MAC and will detect many issues.

Hope that helps and that you can get Accordance working soon.

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Rom. 12:2

Blog: The Renewed Mind.

#3 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

This is probably simply a corrupt startup session. You can go to your user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences
and remove this file.

Please note that if you are on Lion, to open the user/Library you will need to use the Go menu and press option in order to access that folder.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#4 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,047 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

If Helen's suggestion does not work, you may have a corrupt highlights file.  Try going to your Documents/Accordance Files/Highlights folder, and moving any items you find there elsewhere (to the desktop or other location), to see if that helps.  But, try Helen's suggestion first!

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#5 timothylfox

timothylfox

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:29 AM

Thanks all!

Helen's fix worked; and I'll definitely get the app recommended by David...this laptop is from mid 2006 and I've replaced the hard drive three times!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users