Customizing the Highlight Symbols

Joe Weaks

For forum folks who didn't see elsewhere, it's rather simple to play around with the highlight symbols that come with Accordance 10.3. I, for instance, was interested in a set less cartoonish with a consistent theme.

1. Right-click or Control-click on the Accordance application icon in a Finder window.
  2. Select "Show Package Contents"
  3. Navigate to /Contents/Resources/ where you will see a "watermarks' folder with images 1 thru 130.
  4. Backup that folder elsewhere to be safe.
  5. Quit Accordance and have fun editing the images.

You can download my set, or read more about doing your own here on my blog.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7lvDsh4ehnw/UlwbqOC7FMI/AAAAAAAAAZc/G4mC9HhwWXM/s1600/AccSymbols2.png

Note that any changes you make could always get replaced with new app updates.

HaHa! Joe, you know you are truly amazing!

We promised ourselves that, once released, we weren't going to tweak these icons for at least a year, to give everyone a chance to get used to them. It never occurred to us that some users would branch out on their own, immediately!

Just staying connected to my roots. Been hacking Accordance user options for 15 years.

Joe, I'm surprised you didn't hack the names as well..... :)

Joel, as you know, the instructions and pic set I made available public are minimal. They are all the same images, with just color changes.

That doesn't mean more fun doesn't await. he.

Like the custom 'Joseph' headshot icon?

Ya gotta do whatever makes you smile.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-yUDdgwW24pg/UlwcWIOI-wI/AAAAAAAAAZs/Opk2ZvTsp4A/s1600/AccSymbolJoe.png