#1 jarcher

jarcher

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

I found an interesting problem today.  A few days ago I did some rearranging in Accordance (preferences, general settings, toolbar, etc).

The following day every time I started Accordance it would hang.  I did quite a bit of troubleshooting but couldn't nail down the issue even though it seemed like a preference problem.  My troubleshooting included deleting my preferences, modules, saved sessions, reinstalling, etc.  Finally I created a new user on my computer and was able to start Accordance normally.

I noticed when starting Accordance under my username that the toolbar settings were the same as I set up the previous day (even after having deleting my preferences folder).  From there I figured that the toolbar settings must be saved somewhere besides the preferences folder.

After some searching I found that the toolbar configuration is saved in the WIndows registry.  I navigated to that particular folder in the registry and found a "Toolbar" key.  I deleted it and Accordance started working normally again.

I'll may try to reproduce it later but for now just need a working Accordance so it will be a few days.

Just in FYI for others who may encounter the issue.

Edited by jarcher, 15 October 2013 - 07:04 PM.

#2 jarcher

jarcher

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

I think I found the issue.  It appears to be caused when adding an excessive number of "Separator" items into the toolbar.

Whe faced with this issue, delete the "toolbar" key under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OakTree\Accordance\

It may look something like this:

60,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,18,-1,1,-1,5,3,-1,19,20,-1,23,16,-1,21,13,34,

The "-1" notes a seperator item.  When there are a lot of them it will cause Accordance to hang on startup.

Edited by jarcher, 16 October 2013 - 09:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users