#1 Caspar

Caspar

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

Hi,

I would really like to see the German "Neues Leben" bible offered in Accordance.

• Chuck Schneider, flips, twiediger and 1 other like this

#2 twiediger

twiediger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

I second this.
  • flips likes this

#3 Chuck Schneider

Chuck Schneider

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted Yesterday, 08:22 AM

Even though I converted an e-text of this Bible and imported it, I would really appreciate getting a copy of Neues Leben Bibel made by Accordance for Accordance.

It was a huge effort that cost me free time over a couple of months to get the camel (NLB) through the eye of the needle (Accordance Bible Import feature) and the quirky, tedious nature of importing such a Bible has caused a lot of confusion between me and others who use the paper version:

• OT verse numbering was lost, since only one numbering system was allowed for importing ("KJV"),
  • poetry format was lost, since it wasn't possible (so far as I knew) to retain it,
  • paragraph titles all had to be removed,
  • note numbers and notes had to be removed, and
  • copy as citation uses English book names. :(

There are two other folks in my community who are using Accordance and the (paper) Neues Leben Bibel and I wouldn't wish such an import on them.

Even if the Bible import has been improved, and I don't know that it has, I don't think I will go through such an experience ever again. :(

When I was obliged to use the Elberfelder recently, it occurred to me how nice, clean and accurate it can be to use the Accordance-made version, especially with the different numbering system.

It would also be great to get the Hoffnung fuer Alle if that were possible.

Edited by Chuck Schneider, Yesterday, 08:25 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: german, neues leben, bible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users