Deleting a Highlights file causes Accordance to crash...

David Foster

Hi, I've recently been trying to deleting some of the highlights I've created but when I select them and then click delete Accordance crashes… any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay.

I would remove the Highlights files when Accordance is not running (make sure you have properly quit). Does it then crash when you reopen it?

I had two folders in my accordance file, one called highlights folder (an older one from a few years ago) and my 'regular' highlights file with both the highlights and mobile highlights in it.

I moved the old one (highlights folder) to the trash... but I wanted to double check, for the other highlights folder, by remove to me you delete it? And all the things I've highlighted... they're still be there when I open up again?

THanks...

No, you will lose all your highlights. I would not delete them, just rename the folder, to confirm that this is the issue. Then you can test by restoring the files one by one. If a particular file is indeed corrupt, your best move is to restore it from a backup.

• 2 months later...

Hi Helen, I went back and changed the name of my highlights folder like you said (I just renamed it 'highlights1') but then when I went to open accordance a box popped up asking where my highlights folder is... so I went to the accordance folder, clicked on highlights1 and then click okay... and then I got an error message?! Any advice?

Thanks for your help...

Error in finding newly named highlights file.tiff

The whole point is NOT to load the old highlights en masse, but to return them singly to the Highlights folder until you find the one that is corrupted, and either restore it from a backup or remove it.