#1 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

I encountered מִדְבַּרָה in 1 Kings 19:15, and discovered that the ה is not tagged.  Checking the "suffix" options in the Hebrew construct, and all three tagged Hebrew texts I own, it looks as though a decision was made NOT to tag this suffix.  Am I correct?  If so, I'd be interested in knowing why this is so.  [recognizing that in at least some cases Oak Tree does not do the tagging of Hebrew texts].

For beginners or those who are rusty, it would be helpful to have this tagged.  And I would think that scholars interested in working with the use of the the ה locale/old accusative would find it helpful as well.

Running Accordance on:

Mac 10.9 (Mavericks)

iOS 7 (iPad)

Windows Vista Home Premium

#2 James Tucker

James Tucker

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

Lorinda:

The ה- of direction is tagged in at least two of the texts I checked (HMT-W4/BHS-T). In addition, running a quick search for [SUFFIX directionalHeh] in HMT-W4 works via the Search Entry Box or the Hebrew Construct. What version texts and Accordance are you running?

James

#3 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

This is just weird.  I went back to check versions: I had HMT-W4 up, and the suffix wasn't showing up as tagged in the ID box.  I changed to BHS-T, and lo and behold the info showed up in ID (which it was NOT earlier today).  Switched back and it was there in the HMT-W4.  So something must have been temporarily fluky with my installation.

Thanks for pointing out the directionalHeh search option.  Turns out I was looking in the wrong spot in the construct interface, I looked under "class" instead of "person"

Lorinda

Running Accordance on:

Mac 10.9 (Mavericks)

iOS 7 (iPad)

Windows Vista Home Premium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users