#1 Harvey

Harvey

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

Is there a way to link a reference grammar, such as Jouon-Muraoka, to HMT-W4 in such a way that the references in the grammar to a verse which you select in HMT will automatically be displayed? Any approach that is more efficient than Amplify->General References->[name of grammar] would be appreciated.

#2 Michael J. Bolesta

Michael J. Bolesta

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Interests:scripture study, preaching, teaching

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

Open your HMT-W4; then open your tool (Jouon-Muraoka). While in the tool, go to the Search menu (top of screen), select Enter Command, and under it select LINK. It will prompt you to select the window to link to (select HMT-W4). The keyboard shortcut for this is shift-cmd-L

Go to the HMT-W4 and search for a passage (e.g. Gn 2). Accordance will then take you to Jouon-Muraoka, and the hits will be highlighted. Navigate with the mark arrows (bottom left). 

• PhilT and Abram K-J like this

Michael

#3 Harvey

Harvey

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

Thanks for the response. I think I have done exactly what you suggested; but when I select or search a passage in HMT-W4, Jouon-Muraoka stubbornly stays on its title page. Have I misunderstood your instructions?

#4 Darin Allen

Darin Allen

Gold

• Accordance
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Technology, Coffee, Gaming

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

Michael's suggestion should work, but in Jouon-Muraoka's case you will also need to change the search layer to "Scripture." It initially defaults to "Titles" when you first open it, which will bring up an error saying that the linked resource needs to be a Tool. This error should go away when you change the search layer from Titles to Scripture. See the included image.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 8.32.20 PM.png   60.57KB   0 downloads

Once you've changed the search layer from this drop-down menu, try searching for Gen 2 in the HMT and Jouon-Muraoka should change with it.

Darin Allen
Director of Marketing

#5 Harvey

Harvey

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic