2 replies to this topic

#1 Txshell

Txshell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

I performed a keyword search and found the verse I wanted to read, but it seemed I couldn't click the verse or do anything to the verse to have it open it up to read the context.  How do you do this in Accordance?  It seems like a basic function, so I'm sure I'm missing something.  :unsure:  I don't think I would have to manually go to that spot to read the verse in context.  I did see that you can have results returned with more than that one verse, but what do you do to have it take it you to the full text / Bible to read it in there? 

For example, if I search on biblestudytools.com and find the verse I want, I click "read it in context" or "read this chapter" and it takes me to the full text.  Does Accordance do this? 

Thanks for your help.

#2 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,736 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

Try using the 'context slider'; you can move it from 0 > A to view the amount of context you want.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-11-01 at 3.39.01 PM.png   487.34KB   0 downloads

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#3 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

If you want to read it in context in another zone, leaving your search results as they are, you can also right-click (or, on a Mac, control-click or two-finger click) and choose "Look Up" and then "Context."  If you do this a lot, you might want to add the context icon to the toolbar.

Running Accordance on:

Mac 10.9 (Mavericks)

iOS 7 (iPad)

Windows Vista Home Premium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users