• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 davidmedina

davidmedina

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Interests:God, my family, the Bible, photography and film.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:30 PM

I am watching a tutorial by Mounce and he mentions the following set up:

He did the following search in the Mounce NT:    * <AND> [Range John 3:1-15]

And he set up the Analysis as follows 

Sort - Count Down

Count- Importance. 

What does that results means? 

What kind of information does the other Count options gives me? How do I interpret the results? Like Frequency, uniqueness, etc.

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Rom. 12:2

Blog: The Renewed Mind.

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,085 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:18 PM

These are all explained in the Help files, in this section: Biblical Research and Analyses > Analyzing Your Search Results > Analysis > Analysis

and here: Comprehensive Reference > Dialog Boxes > Set XX Display > Set Analysis Display Dialog Box for Non-Tagged Texts

• Count Pop-up Menu: Lets you choose the statistical method by which each form is counted. You can choose from:
  • Number displays the total number of "hits" (times each word appears) in the current search range.
  • Frequency identifies the words which appear most frequently in the current search range. This number shows the number of hits per 1000 words in the search range.
  • Uniqueness identifies those words which are more or less unique to the current search range. This number is computed by dividing the frequency of hits in the search range by the frequency of verses containing this word in the entire text.
  • Importance identifies those words which are most important in the current search range. This number is computed by multiplying the number of hits in the search range by the uniqueness of each word (as defined above).
  • None displays the words without any count.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 davidmedina

davidmedina

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Interests:God, my family, the Bible, photography and film.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:57 PM

Thanks Helen, I'll take a look.
"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Rom. 12:2

Blog: The Renewed Mind.

#4 luke.wisley

luke.wisley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:58 PM

I'm wondering if you could explain the formula behind the "importance" aspect. Also, is this meant to show how meaningful a collocation is?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users