Windows 8/8.1 question

flips

Hi!

I'm wondering about one thing in Windows 8 (it's 8.1 now on my Thinkpad Tablet 2):

When I launch the apps from the start screen (the one with the tiles), is there a way to see which apps/programs that's running and close those I don't need, to free up memory or whatever ...

(I like being in control, but I don't know how to manage these new full screen apps.)

And also, quite unrelated, do you know if the built in Windows Mail email client can handle multiple "send as" email adresses? (I use GMail, but I use a different email address most of the time.)

(I hope I understood the purpose of this Windows Wisdom forum ...) :)

Edited by flips

• 1 month later...

Task manager can do this for you. CTRL-ALT-DEL then click Task Manager to launch it.

As to Windows mail, sorry, no information on that.

• 1 month later...

Ctrl+Alt+Delete is not very practical on a touch screen ... But in the touch interface (metro/rt) you just pull down from the top of the screen and "throw away" at the bottom, to close programs/apps. You can also swipe in from the left, select the app you want to close and drag it down and throw it away ...

love an answer to the mail client question - using different send as addresses.

not sure how right-click works on a tab, but from the top left, you can see all the open apps and either drag and drop as you say, or right-click and close it from there.

love an answer to the mail client question - using different send as addresses.

not sure how right-click works on a tab, but from the top left, you can see all the open apps and either drag and drop as you say, or right-click and close it from there.

I ended up using eM Client for email/calendar, since the Microsoft calendar only integrates with Microsoft calendars and I couldn't find a way with send addresses/aliases.

As for right click on touch, it's usually tap and hold, but in this case that didn't seem to work, so drag&drop seems to be the only way ...