There is couple of things wrong with this tags

davidmedina

Issue #1

I have accordance's workspace set up as in the image: GNT28-T and Mounce NT in parallel.

I searched on the GNT28-T for the word doulos. I got my results fine. I triple click on the greek word for doulos on Matt. 8:9 on the GNT28-T and the Mounce Greek dictionary opens to the definition for GK G1528 doulos in the Mounce Greek Dictionary.

I then, on the pointing finger right I clicked on MOUNCE to open to the Mounce Expository Dictionary. Instead of opening it gives me the following message: "The characters in the hyperlink are invalid or ambiguous, This hyperlink must be either a valid Scripture reference, a valid URL address or a valid tool link. I believe it should be valid.

If I do a search all limited to my Lexicon Group it shows a result for the Mounce Expository Dictionary so I thing there is something wrong with the tag in the Mounce Greek Dictionary.

Issue #2

I then repeated it by triple clicking in the corresponding word servant from the Mounce NT for Matt. 8:9 but instead of opening the definition for doulos it opens the Mounce Greek Definition for eisodos when it should be doulos.

post-32482-0-58629900-1384475798_thumb.jpg

Edited by davidmedina

I can repeat both of these.

This is actually a somewhat complex situation (they're both related). I'm looking into it further, and will fix it. It's getting late; I can explain more details later.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks Rick.

Any update?

No; it's more complex than a simple fix. I have to get with others to consult on tagging and editing the dictionary. We're all gearing up for ETS/SBL so it might take a couple weeks to get it fixed and updated.

Thanks, Rick.

To give you a few more details. There are two Greek words represented in the tagging; one a noun, one an adjective. The Mounce Greek Dictionary doesn't contain an entry for the adjective, but the ESVS tagged text uses it. Same with the NIV11-GK. But, interestingly, our GNT morph does not seem to assign an independent lexical form for the adjective.

So, as mentioned I need to get with a couple people to see how best to handle this. It's all relatively easy to fix, but I just want to do it right. I'll be seeing both of the people involved in this at SBL, so it's easiest just to wait. Thanks again for pointing this out. I hope this gives you a few more details and an update letting you know we will get it fixed.

Thanks!

Thanks for the update.