#1 antxon

antxon

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:08 AM

From the ESVS, the key+triple click combinations only show either a dictionary (searching the ESVS english term), or the KM Hebrew or Mounce Greek dictionaries, using the word's key number. Is there a way for me to directly consult BDAG / HALOT from the word that ESV used for translation?

#2 Douglas Fyfe

Douglas Fyfe

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:19 AM

it's pretty late in my neck of the woods, so there may be an easier way, but here are my two suggestions (as I think the short answer is no):

1. have a tagged Greek/Hebrew text open in parallel (or a combined text - much easier!) and hover over your English word, have a look at which original text word is highlighted (check in instant details they're the same) and simply triple click on the Greek/Hebrew word.

2. copy the instant details, go to your lexicon and paste in the instant details, and delete all the extraneous information and hit enter.

I won't be surprised if there's an easier answer, but that at least works fairly straightforwardly.

#3 jfidel

jfidel

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:45 AM

The easiest and fasted way for me to get to a Greek Lexicon from a Strong's tagged text is to triple click the word in the Strong's text which will probably open Mounce or KM. I then triple click the entry in Mounce or KM and my preferred Greek or Hebrew lexicon entry comes up.

I hope this helps.

#4 antxon

antxon

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

Ok, thanks for these tips! I've just posted a feature request, to make this process more straightforward.

#5 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

Also, if you hold down the option key while choosing BDAG from the Amplify>Greek Tools menu on the Toolbar, you can go straight to the entry for the underlying Greek word from a key number text.

Lorinda

Running Accordance on:

Mac 10.9 (Mavericks)

iOS 7 (iPad)

Windows Vista Home Premium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users