Accordance crashes after copy command

Michel Gilbert

Hello,

I have Accordance 10.3.2 on Windows 8.1, on a brand new (three months old) computer with the latest Intel Core i7 processor.

I have no problems with any other programs, from Microsoft Office Pro, Adobe Creative Suite, Logos 5, Dead Sea Scrolls Electronic Edition, and a host of others.

Every time I use Accordance and highlight text in the Jenni-Westermann Lexicon, right click and press copy, Accordance crashes - the program does not respond, and I have to go to the Task Manager to End Task. Sometimes it crashes when I highlight only.

When I restart my computer and open Accordance to the previous session, it simply doesn't work. My Library pane is narrow and I can't drag the border to enlarge it, either I can't enter a new Hebrew Construct window or if it loads in the Workspace it doesn't work, and the Instant Details box does not work for BHS.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled for a previous issue. I have to restart my computer and not open Accordance to the previous session for it to work.

Is this another bug?

Michel

I should also mention that after deleting and reinstalling Jenni-Westermann, I was scrolling down towards the entry I wanted to copy something from, and Accordance crashed again.

Michel

Update:

My problem seems to be solved for now.

I uninstalled Accordance completely. Then I deleted the remaining Accordance entries in the registry. I restarted my computer and re-installed 10.3.2.

I am able to scroll and copy and paste in Jenni-Westermann now, even with HMT-W4 and the Hebrew Construct window open.

My problems this morning began after copying and pasting Unicode texts from Microsoft Word into quite a few User Notes. I will keep you posted if they occur again.

Michel

I had more trouble this morning.

I was dragging my preferred modules to the top of the Texts and Tools lists in Library pane, and Accordance crashed just about every time. I had to use the Task Manager to End Task over and over.

I have spent more time dealing with problems in Accordance than actually using it. After the problems I had with a missing module, I uninstalled 10.3.1 and the Demo version, and the registry entries (they do not all disappear after a complete uninstall) and reinstalled it. Since I got 10.3.2 I have uninstalled it and the registry entries, reinstalled it, and I am having problems every time I use it.

There seems to be a problem with dragging, scrolling, highlighting, and highlighting larger sections of texts and/or trying to copy them.

By the way, I dragged the CDCH to the top of my Hebrew Tools, and now it doesn't appear in the ID Window. It was working before my fresh install of 10.3.2. I don't remember doing anything last time except dragging it to the top of the list.

I have Windows 8.1 Pro, on a Dell Inspiron 17r-5721 Laptop with an Intel Core i7 3537U CPU and a 64 Bit Operating System, x64- based processor. I bought the Original Languages Collection with Syntax Add-On Modules to HMT-W4 and GNT28-T. I am a very experienced computer user (got my first IBM compatible 8086 in 1988), and this appears to be a software issue. Accordance is the only program that has crashed on this computer.

Michel

Here is another example of a seeming endless parade of problems.

I had HMT-W4 and the Jenni-Westermann lexicon open. I pressed the Help icon and Notepad opens with a program file of some sort, beginning with

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html xmlns:MadCap="http://www.madcapsoftware.com/Schemas/MadCap.xsd" lang="en-us" xml:lang="en-us" data-mc-search-type="Stem" data-mc-help-system-file-name="Default.xml" data-mc-path-to-help-system="../../../" data-mc-target-type="WebHelp2" data-mc-runtime-file-type="Topic" data-mc-preload-images="false" data-mc-in-preview-mode="false" data-mc-medium="non-print" data-mc-toc-path="Digging Deeper|Study Aids: Tools and Parallels|Using Tools|The Tools Tab" data-mc-ignored-words="Podcasts;http;www;accordancebible">

<!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->

<head>

<meta charset="utf-8" />

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><title>The Tools Tab</title>

etc., etc.

Also, the top of the Accordance window has disappeared and I can't get it back. I have to close the program with a right click and Close Window on my Windows taskbar.

There seems to be a problem in the User Interface itself.

Michel