• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 davidmedina

davidmedina

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Interests:God, my family, the Bible, photography and film.
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

Should the hyperlinked verses in iOS app user notes work as hyperlink to the verses? In mine do not work.

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Rom. 12:2

Blog: The Renewed Mind.

#2 Billy32792

Billy32792

• Accordance
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:55 PM

Hi David,

Just to let you know we are working on this in support for you. We have not been able to reproduce the issue that you are describing. We have duplicated your mobile note creation exactly as you have described and performed a sync here in the office on two separate iPads and Macs,

one with 10.7 and one with 10.8. In both instances the hyperlinks in the user note worked perfectly. We need to find out what is different on your

devices compared to the ones we used here. Which OS X is on your Mac and are you using Accordance version 1.6.8 on your iPad and iOS 7.0.4?

Have you tried checking any previous notes and their hyperlinks? Is this error exclusive to this one user note or to all of them?

Attached File  David Medina hyperlink issue.png   93.57KB   0 downloads

#3 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

FYI--hyperlinks in user notes aren't working for me either, and I'm almost positive they used to. I've mostly avoided using my main notes file in the iOS app because I don't want to lose formatting that I have in them. But after reading David's message earlier, I gave it a look, and mine aren't working either. Like I said, I'm almost positive the hyperlinks worked in the past.

For me:

Accordance for iOS 1.6.8

iOS 7.04

128 GB T-Mobile iPad Air

Edited by R. Mansfield, 11 December 2013 - 06:03 PM.

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for running Accordance:

OS X

2012 15" MacBook Pro (retina) - 2.7 Ghz Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 750 GB SSD, Yosemite

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 1 TB HDD, Windows 8.1

2013 8" Dell Venue 8 Pro - 1.33 Ghz Atom, 2 GB RAM, 64 GB eMMC, Windows 8.1

iOS

2014 iPhone 6 Plus, 128 GB, Verizon

2013 iPad Air, 128 GB, Verizon

#4 davidmedina

davidmedina

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

Hi David,

Just to let you know we are working on this in support for you. We have not been able to reproduce the issue that you are describing. We have duplicated your mobile note creation exactly as you have described and performed a sync here in the office on two separate iPads and Macs,

one with 10.7 and one with 10.8. In both instances the hyperlinks in the user note worked perfectly. We need to find out what is different on your

devices compared to the ones we used here. Which OS X is on your Mac and are you using Accordance version 1.6.8 on your iPad and iOS 7.0.4?

Have you tried checking any previous notes and their hyperlinks? Is this error exclusive to this one user note or to all of them?

attachicon.gifDavid Medina hyperlink issue.png

Hi Billy. Thanks for the update.

I am using MAC OSX 10.7.5 Lion on a MAC PRO (circa 2006). Accordance in my computer is 10.3.3. The iPad is an iPad 3, using iOS 7.0.4 (11B554a) and iOS Accordance 1.6.8 (sept. 2013).

Let me do some testing so I can give you more information.

The hyperlink don't work regardless of where I create them..

Thanks,

David

Edited by davidmedina, 11 December 2013 - 06:22 PM.

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Rom. 12:2

#5 Billy32792

Billy32792

• Accordance
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

In case we had a lack of communication here, I want to clarify that the hyperlinks created on an iOS device don't actually work on the iOS device, they work on the Mac after being synced over.

post-31729-0-57225700-1386874837_thumb.p

Attached Files

#6 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

In case we had a lack of communication here, I want to clarify that the hyperlinks created on an iOS device don't actually work on the iOS device, they work on the Mac after being synced over.

What about user notes created on the Mac and then synced over to iOS? Should the hyperlinks in those user notes work? Or are you saying that hyperlinks in user notes don't work in iOS regardless of the source of origination? As I mentioned earlier, I have avoided using my personal notes in iOS because I knew that if I forgot and edited them, I could lose formatting. So if the hyperlinks have never worked, it may have just been something that slipped by me (although, again, I thought this had not been the case).

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for running Accordance:

OS X

2012 15" MacBook Pro (retina) - 2.7 Ghz Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 750 GB SSD, Yosemite

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 1 TB HDD, Windows 8.1

2013 8" Dell Venue 8 Pro - 1.33 Ghz Atom, 2 GB RAM, 64 GB eMMC, Windows 8.1

iOS

2014 iPhone 6 Plus, 128 GB, Verizon

2013 iPad Air, 128 GB, Verizon

#7 davidmedina

davidmedina

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

:(

#8 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,131 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

Hyperlinks in user notes have never been supported in the iOS app although this support is planned for a future version.

#9 davidmedina

davidmedina

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users