Question about the Comprehensive Bible Cross References

davidmedina

I was just watching one of Dr. J podcast and he makes reference to the Comprehensive Bible Cross References. I see that it has cross references to extra biblical material. I am assuming that in order to be able to make the most of this references I should have access to that extra Biblical material. Am I correct?

Then, here are my questions.

With the Essential Collection, is it good idea to purchase the Comprehensive Bible Cross References?

What additional materials will make it most useful?

Thanks

• Like 1

In order to view the linked resources you need to own them in Accordance.

The main writings (all English translations, not the original language) that are linked to in Accordance are: Dead Sea Scrolls (QUMENG), Apostolic Fathers (AF-E), Philo (PHILO-E), Josephus (JOSEPH), and the OT Pseudepigrapha. There are also other links to works found in our Apologists collection (APOL-E), Apocryphal Gospels (AGOSP-E), etc.

We are also working on an update to this that will standardize all Pseudepigrapha references to the recently released Charlesworth edition (PSEUD-CW), and we will include as a free update a new Pseudepigrapha Crossrefs module that will sync in parallel with other Pseud resources like the other modules do for Josephus, Philo and Apostolic Fathers. We were waiting to do this until after we released Charlesworth.

I hope this helps…

Edited by Rick Bennett
  • Like 1

Thanks Rick. Is there a bundle that would have all that?

• Like 1

Thanks Rick. Is there a bundle that would have all that?

Every module I mentioned? I don't think so. They are usually a la carte, but it's best to ask Customer Service (via email, live chat, phone).