What is the right settings for triple click amplify?

davidmedina

Hope I can explain myself.

I created a workspace which has the mounde-NT, GNT-28 and ESVS in one zone in parallel. Then, in another zone I have two tabs: Mounce Greek Dictionary and Mounce Expository Dictionary. (I am taking Mounce Greek class. He is using Accordance 9.5 so somethings I know ill be different).

When I triple click on a word in any of the Bibles I have open it opens a new tab for Mounce Greek Dictionary. It appears to me then that it is not necessary to pre-"load" into a workspace a lexicon or dictionary if when I triple click in the word it ignores the dictionary that opened up when I started the workspace and open a new one.

Here is the question… Instead of opening a new tab for the Mounce Greek Dictionary when I triple click, is there a way that it goes to the one already opened instead of opening a new tabs?

I know this a matter of how to set up things. So if Accordance is not setup to work with pre-opened tools tabs, then, it seems like the best workspace would be just per-open things or build up the workspace with texts and tools that can sync to the text? Then allow the dictionaries and lexicon to only open when a word is triple clicked.

I believe what you need to do is click on the recycle icon in the top right area of your existing Mounce Greek Dictionary tab. That means that Accordance will attempt to reuse it when amplifying (whether via triple-click or other means). You can also toggle Recycle status using Command-K.

Hi Joel,

I tried that but still does the same thing. See this video

You will see that I already have a Mounce Greek dictionary opened with the recycle on. When I triple click on the word witness instead of opening the result in the Greek dictionary I have open Accordance opens a new one so now I have two opened.

Is this a normal expected behavior or there is something I can do to have it open in the dictionary that is already opened?

Thanks

I see! Recycling tries to make sure your field is set right, or it won't overwrite it. In your case, your existing Mounce is set to 'Titles' - try changing that to 'G/K Number', and it should work.

You are genius! lol

I worked, but… only if I triple click on Mounce-NT. If I triple click using the ESVS I have to change it to the Strong Number instead. :(

I'll guess is just a mater of choosing amain text and set it up for that one.

It would be nice is it always goes to the same dictionary but I don't think is critical. What matters is that it odes gives me the definition. At least now I understand the behavior and can work with it.

Edited by davidmedina