• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

If I click on any commentary text and then press Ctrl+R, Accordance opens that commentary in the Reading mode, but I don't like the background color and font. But I cannot customize it. As soon as I press Command+T to customize it, Accordance exits Reading mode and offers me to customize commentary display settings in the main workspace window. Could you please let me customize themes independently from the workspace? Let me save them as I like them. (There could be a Default button to reset any theme). I'd be happy if I could customize any theme and use it wherever I like. 

Edited by Guntis, 02 January 2014 - 03:37 PM.

• Rick Bennett likes this
“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

#2 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

Guntis, I know we've had a lot of requests to change themes, save custom themes, etc.  Its on our list to do at some point, don't worry!

However, in the meantime, if you go to Preferences -> Reading/Search All, you can uncheck 'Use Readability Theme' for Reading mode, so that it will retain whatever custom theme choices you have for your tool.  That way you can set up the background color or font just as you like it.

• Guntis likes this
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#3 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

That's exactly what I did! Thanks!
I hope theme customization will come sooner rather than later. Although if I could vote, I'd choose highlighting overhaul first.
“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

#4 David Voth

David Voth

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:music, web design, photography, Spanish

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

I would also like the ability to be able to save custom themes.

David Voth

Mac OS X, iOS

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reading mode, colors, font, background

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users