#1 David_Bailey

David_Bailey

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

As I was watching one of Dr. J's Podcasts - this one called # 38 Power Tips and Tweaks, I checked the box in General Preferenced labeled "Include reference when amplifying from text to tool (override with shift key)." Based on the Podcast information, I then did a Search for All Text and a Search in the Eerdmans Dictionary for the word "wicked."  See the screenshot of my general test workspace below.

I then magnify the Eerdmans Dictionary zone.  I select (highlight) some text in the dictionary, as shown in a screenshot below, and right-mouse click while the mouse is hovering over the highlighted text.  I then see a corrupted zone or workspace -  see screenshot below.  When I click on the corrupted workspace or zone, I see a partial display of the tabs and zones.  See screenshot called CorruptDisplay.

To "uncorrupt" the work space, I click on the Library icon once, sometimes twice, and my workspace is back to normal.  Or, try the instant details toolbar icon, and it should "uncorrupt" the workspace too. I have seen this happen from time to time since I started to use multiple zones and magnify, but I never reported them until now.

Has anyone else experienced this with Accordance for Windows 10.3.3.1?  I also attached my zipped workspace if you want to try it on your Windows version.  My OS is Windows 7 64 SP1

David

Edit: Left out a screenshot called "what happened". When I want to use the contextualized menu of highlighted text in the dictionary, I get the display as shown in the screenshot.

Attached Files

Edited by David_Bailey, 03 January 2014 - 08:32 PM.

#2 David_Bailey

David_Bailey

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:38 PM

Here are my settings - Workspace Preferences.

David

Attached Files

#3 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,995 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

Thanks, David.  This bug was actually already reported on the Mac side and fixed for both platforms for the upcoming 10.3.4.  It only really occurs when right-clicking inside a magnified zone, so hopefully you can work around it easily enough until then.

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#4 David_Bailey

David_Bailey

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

Thanks again Joel. I guess I should try to remember to search the Mac thread as well.

David

#5 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,995 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

Not a problem, its often a good reminder to confirm the fix for all platforms!

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: magnify zone, display corruption, Accordance 10.3.3.1, workspace, contextual menu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users