• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

When I tap on the scripture hyperlink in the split window in some commentary, popup window comes up with the Bible text. Beneath it I see Copy command. I tap it, expecting that Accordance will copy currently displayed verse in that popup window, instead, it copies commentary text beneath this popup window. I think for hyperlink pop ups this action should refer to the hyperlinked text.
“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

#2 ukfraser

ukfraser

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:47 AM

Hi, Interesting that there have been no responses acknowledgement as I am getting same error.

Latest iOS and Accordance 1.7.3, and for example, when using PNTC John and Beale-Carson Commentary, clicking on reference link, I get the reference opening but when I copy and select paragraph, when I paste, I get the paragraph from the underlying commentary rather than the text in the window (in these cases NIV scripture references). 

I am working on John 7 if you need to replicate but like Guntis, I was originally working on split window, but have also tried opening PNTC John on its own and am getting same copy behaviour. (on iPad 2 copying into standard iOS 'Notes')

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Fraser

Edited by ukfraser, 07 June 2014 - 06:59 AM.

Fraser Sims
iOS 7, mountain lion, win 7 and win XP.
Other life enhancing software I use includes forScore with AirTurn page turner, HymnQuest, Lightroom and Sibelius.

#3 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:24 AM

The copy action refers to copying the selection the instant details view is pointing to, not the contents of the view itself. This is by design.

#4 ukfraser

ukfraser

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

Ok but that surely is a design flaw as I can copy the original text from the original text window so why would I want to copy it from the instant details window? I suggest you rethink this so you copy what you are actually looking at.

I've had to dig out my MBP and hang around making a cup of tea while it starts up just to copy a few verses!!!!! ;o(

Edited by ukfraser, 07 June 2014 - 06:23 PM.

Fraser Sims
iOS 7, mountain lion, win 7 and win XP.
Other life enhancing software I use includes forScore with AirTurn page turner, HymnQuest, Lightroom and Sibelius.

#5 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:53 AM

"Ok but that surely is a design flaw as I can copy the original text from the original text window so why would I want to copy it from the instant details window? I suggest you rethink this so you copy what you are actually looking at."

Yes, fully agree! I can see some logic behind it, but it's not obvious. Better copy what you are looking at, and do't use two-level user interface for Copy command.
“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Popup, copy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users