1 reply to this topic

#1 powerofgod

powerofgod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:11 AM

Greetings! I am evaluating Accordance and have a quick question. (It is brutal on my Retina display but customer service said a Retina-capable release should be coming in a couple of weeks.)

Is it possible to customize the notes display to display the Bible reference automatically, instead of having to click on each one individually? I am building a topical study guide and 'tag' certain verses with "#topic" in plain text in the notes. When I go back and do a global search of notes for "#topic", the verses display, but I have to manually click on each verse. Is it possible to have the verse text automatically shown so that I can quickly scan through the references? 

I've built an Evernote database with thousands of verses, notes and tags, but I really would like to move this system into formal Bible software so that I can see multiple translations and the original language while building and studying my topical note library.

Thank you for any assistance.

Blessings!

#2 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,493 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:29 AM

Thanks for trying out Accordance!  (and yes, Retina is almost here)

You have a couple of options for this.  If all you want to do is tag a verse, it may be easier to use a highlighting style, rather than some text in your note.  If you create a highlight style called 'topic', mark each verse, you can then search for those verses with the [STYLE topic] command (shift-command-S).

If you'd rather stick with your user notes, if you open the Instant Details, all you have to do is hover over a verse to see it, rather than click.  You can also tie your User Notes to a bible text, so that as you scroll through your notes, the bible text will update to the same location and show you the verses.

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users