Daniel Semler

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:51 PM

Hi ya,

I am looking at the syntax for Rom 13:5 which is : 5 διὸ ἀνάγκη ὑποτάσσεσθαι, οὐ μόνον διὰ τὴν ὀργὴν ἀλλὰ καὶ διὰ τὴν συνείδησιν. The chart is

Attached File  syntaxRom13_5.JPG   27.54KB   0 downloads

I am puzzled by a couple of things The description of L is a clause : "A unit of grammatical organization, consisting of a subject and a predicate" to quote the ID. I see the predicate and the multiple adjuncts with the objects of the infinitive in it but no subject. The S contains the subject but appears to be outside the L which indeed I believe it is. Is this tagging correct ? Is the explanation of L to be interpreted a little less punctiliously, do I need to study more Greek syntax ? (the last one gets you no extra credit as the answer is obvious :))

Regarding the S I have another question. I understand that the subject itself is not represented by a word in the GNT28-T. What I don't get is that I would have expected the P-C-ἀνάγκη to be represented as :

P--------------   -

|

C ----------  ἀνάγκη

thus indicating the missing or implied verb also.

Is there a reason that this is not necessary here ? consistency with the grammar model perhaps or some other reason ? or should the verb be represented ?

Thx

D

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac                 Windows : HP 4540s laptop
      Intel Core Duo                          Intel i5 Ivy Bridge
      12GB RAM                                8GB RAM
      Accordance 10.4.3.2                     Accordance 10.4.3.2 and Aleph 10.4.3.2
      OSX 10.9 (Mavericks)                    Win 7 Professional x64 SP1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users