2 replies to this topic

#1 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,267 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:22 AM

We are pleased to announce two exciting sales on Zondervan commentary sets! These commentaries are ideal for pastors, students, and teachers who want access to in-depth discussion of Scripture at the verse level. The Accordance editions have been enhanced with hyperlinked verse references and search layers to facilitate advanced study. These prices on these excellent commentary sets last only through February 10, 2014, so be sure to act soon! They cannot be combined with other discounts.

See the Blog post (don't forget to subscribe to the Blog, we have a new, more reliable service).

Expositor's Bible Commentary - Revised only $344.95

NIV Application Commentary (42 volumes) special bundle only $695.95

• Abram K-J likes this
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#2 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,576 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:16 AM

The NIV is one of my very favorite commentaries for preparing sermons. Its applications go beyond the personal, moral ones typical of evangelical preaching. I also like the way it moves, in three distinct steps, between ancient context, divine principles, and contemporary application. Recommended highly!

Here is a podcast on the NIVAC: http://www.accordanc...ncommentary.m4v and here is the podcast on the EBC (which is one of two of my favorite go-to commentaries on mobile devices:http://www.accordanc...mentary-rev.mp4

Edited by Timothy Jenney, 28 January 2014 - 09:29 AM.

• Rick Bennett likes this

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

#3 davidmedina

davidmedina

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Interests:God, my family, the Bible, photography and film.

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:48 PM

Yes, I really like it too.

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Rom. 12:2

Blog: The Renewed Mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users