A humble request

Abram K-J

Hi, Accordance,

What would you think about adding into resources (that have page numbers) some sort of indication as to how many pages are in the whole module? Either the About This Text... info could have the total number of pages, or the display here could say Page x of y. (Just as that display can currently toggle to say Paragraph x of y.) What do you think?

I ask because each of those would be quick ways to see how far I am in a book. I know I can look on the far right scrollbar to see how far down it is--that's working for now.

• Like 1

In addition to Abram's request, it would be great for page numbers to be added to the resources that do not have them. This will make it easy to cite these resources in Academic work.

In addition to Abram's request, it would be great for page numbers to be added to the resources that do not have them. This will make it easy to cite these resources in Academic work.

Which specific titles do you have in mind?

Hi Rick, Here are a few titles:

1. C. F. Keil and Delitzsch F., Commentary on the Old Testament
  2. Cleon L. Rogers Jr. and Cleon L. Rogers III, The New Linguistic and Exegetical Key to the Greek New Testament
  3. A. T. Robertson, Word Pictures in the New Testament
  4. Craig S. Keener, The IVP Bible Background Commentary
  5. J. B. Lightfoot, Saint Paul’s Epistle to the Galatians
  6. John B. Lightfoot, A Commentary on the Gospels From the Talmud and Hebraica
  7. Martin Luther, A Commentary on the Epistle to the Galatians
  8. John H. Walton, Victor H. Matthews, and Mark W. Chavalas, The IVP Bible Background Commentary: Old Testament
  9. John Calvin, Calvin’s Commentaries (Complete)
  10. Asbury Bible Commentary, ed. Eugene E. Carpenter and Wayne McCown
  11. Church Fathers

I greatly appreciate all you guys are doing and would be even more grateful having page numbers on these titles.

Thanks for the list. We'll look into some of these, especially the IVP titles, Asbury, and Rogers & Rogers. For some of the older ones it is difficult to paginate them because we don't know which edition or reprint our e-text corresponds to; we'd have to do some research. I'd love to do the church fathers, but it is so massive that it would take a while.

Rick,

When we notice that a module which ought to have page numbers lacks them, what is the best way to notify you? Should we use "report a correction" to let you know?

Thanks,

Tony