• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Outis

Outis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, Mountain Biking, Swimming,Translating Hebrew & Greek, good coffee, loose-leaf tea, homebrewing, stinky candles.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:18 AM

Hello,

Has anyone ever made use of the User Bible function within Accordance?  When I'm doing my text studies for my sermons I usually write out my own translation of a verse in the user notes. But it would be handy to have my own translation as a user bible instead of just as notes.  I see the "import user bible" function in the menu.  How well does this work?  And when I import a text, can I add to it as I work through new sections of translation and edit old sections?

Thanks,

Pastor Steve Bauer

stevebauer.us
pastorbauer--> at <--gmail.com

sic fatvs nocti se miscvit atrae...

#2 Daniel Semler

Daniel Semler

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

Hi Outis,

Yes I've used it a lot for translation exercises. Its pretty well documented in the help. I used a TextEdit file to create my translation and then would do and exercise and import it. Then I'd add to it and do another one and reimport it. You can then open your translation in parallel with other translations and compare your choices. I found it very helpful. You need to have the books chapters and verses in the regular order but you can have gaps so not all books or chapters need be represented. You will need empty chapter and verse 1 refs up until the chapter you begin translating within a book but that's the only case. Of course your text will not be tagged.

Thx

D

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac                 Windows : HP 4540s laptop
      Intel Core Duo                          Intel i5 Ivy Bridge
      12GB RAM                                8GB RAM
      Accordance 10.4.3.2                     Accordance 10.4.3.2 and Aleph 10.4.3.2
      OSX 10.9 (Mavericks)                    Win 7 Professional x64 SP1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users