#1 William B

William B

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

Hi, I am looking for some advice, I know nothing about the Greek tools and inexperienced in the language jargon. What I am looking for is something that functions like word studies/pictures where on the split screen (ios) I could have that kind of information. I am looking for something rigorous and modern, what fits that bill?

Thanks for any help!

William.

#2 JonathanHuber

JonathanHuber

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Interests:Bible study, Greek
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:13 PM

It might be helpful if you clarified what benefit you hope to receive from such a tool because it looks to me like your requirements contradict themselves. A rigorous word study is not going to fit in half of an iOS screen. Plus, a good word study will take into account the multiple places where a word occurs in order to discuss its range of meanings, and would thus be organized by word (like a dictionary) not by reference (like a commentary).

#3 William B

William B

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

Hi Johnathan, I want something that can help me further understand the original language. I currently have the NIDNTT which is great but I'm looking for something more integrated than that, I'm quite happy to do a load of scrolling but I want something that can sit in the split screen. I use the NIDNTT if I need to explore in depth and I don't feel I need to add anything to that aspect as its a very good tool, but want something that sits in the split screen.

Hope that makes sense.

#4 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,254 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

The problem with using the split screen is that it is intended for a parallel resources, like another Bible or a commentary. Dedicated word study tools are indexed alphabetically, so they don't scroll with the text. You'd need a commentary that includes a lot of good word studies in it. My "go to" for these kinds of commentaries is Eerdmans' NIGNT or UBS Translators' Handbooks (both for NT).

In Accordance on a computer, users can have more than one zone open (zones scroll independently). That isn't [currently] possible on iOS. Sorry.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users