#1 Abram K-J

Abram K-J

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:40 AM

This question should be easy--I am searching a tool (TOTC Isaiah, to be exact) for an English Content word. Whether I select Article or Paragraph, whenever I click Mark down (or use the keyboard shortcut), I go to a new paragraph, so that if I have landed in a paragraph with three hit results, selecting Mark down doesn't actually take me to the next hit in that same paragraph.

Is there a way around this? It's not a major inconvenience, but in tools with long paragraphs and multiple hits, it would be nice to actually go mark-by-mark or hit-by-hit.

One other way this manifests itself is that if I'm looking at a long paragraph and the hit isn't until much later in the paragraph, I have to manually scroll (and stop using Marks/hits navigation) to get to the result.

Or am I missing something obvious?

Abram K-J
Pastor, Writer, Freelance Editor, Youth Ministry Consultant, Blogger
Web: Words on the Word

#2 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

Marks are currently treated on the paragraph level, just like they are treated on the verse level for texts.  So, as of now, you will have to scroll a bit for the long paragraphs.

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#3 Abram K-J

Abram K-J

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:48 PM

Ah, I see. And the difference being (in how a user experiences it) that paragraphs in tools can be way longer than a single verse, where not much scrolling would be needed.

FWIW, would be nice to be able to navigate mark-by-mark, much as you would do using command/control + F in a Web browser or Pages, etc. Not sure how much re-writing that would require.

Abram K-J
Pastor, Writer, Freelance Editor, Youth Ministry Consultant, Blogger
Web: Words on the Word

#4 Steve King

Steve King

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:33 AM

I agree. This would be a nice feature to have and much more intuitive when navigating through tools.
  • Abram K-J likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users