#1 Abram K-J

Abram K-J

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

In Obadiah 1, using the same Hebrew text and with the same inflected word, Accordance on a Mac and iAccordance (1.7.1, iPad Mini) behave differently.

On a computer לאדום appears (when I mouse over it, select it, use Instant Details, etc.) as two lemmas, one of which is the prefixed ל.

But on my iPad, I can only select or amplify from לאדום as if it were a single lemma, all run together. The text I'm using is BHS-T, though HMT-W4 behaves the same. 

Perhaps this has already been addressed or is a known issue, but is this expected behavior on iOS?

Abram K-J
Pastor, Writer, Freelance Editor, Youth Ministry Consultant, Blogger
Web: Words on the Word

#2 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,786 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:29 PM

In Obadiah 1, using the same Hebrew text and with the same inflected word, Accordance on a Mac and iAccordance (1.7.1, iPad Mini) behave differently.

On a computer לאדום appears (when I mouse over it, select it, use Instant Details, etc.) as two lemmas, one of which is the prefixed ל.

But on my iPad, I can only select or amplify from לאדום as if it were a single lemma, all run together. The text I'm using is BHS-T, though HMT-W4 behaves the same. 

Perhaps this has already been addressed or is a known issue, but is this expected behavior on iOS?

This is known. I believe that when we introduce arbitrary text selection we may have the ability to select part of a word. But, I'd have to refresh my memory on this (or have someone else chime in).

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#3 Abram K-J

Abram K-J

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

Thanks, Rick--it obviously wouldn't be an issue for Greek (or English), but if a fix is forthcoming for Hebrew, that would be great. I find that even Hebrew prepositions can be versatile enough that I want to look them up in a lexicon sometimes. Current workaround is to amplify to the lexicon from the word, then just select the preposition via the look-up drop-down menu.

Abram K-J
Pastor, Writer, Freelance Editor, Youth Ministry Consultant, Blogger
Web: Words on the Word

#4 pandakruon

pandakruon

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

Yes, this is a much desired missing feature for me, too. The OSX version works perfectly -- not only displaying attached prepositions, but also pronominal suffixes. It would be great if the iOS version could match the OSX version on this.

• Abram K-J likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users