Accordance Basics Interactive Training

Helen Brown

We are thrilled to announce a completely new introductory course of training for Accordance: Accordance Basics by our own Dr. J. It's an online course you follow at your own pace, that teaches all about the workspace, simulates the actions of menus, and reviews the material with fun quizzes.

After months of development and weeks of testing, we are making this available to the public. This is the first announcement, so you faithful followers of the forum can have the first shot at taking the course and claiming the $10 credit reward at the end.

• Like 7

Wow! I have begun the series. Thank you so much!

Well done! I think this will be helpful for new users.

FYI, I completed the course and entered my email address, but after submitting it truncated the address and displayed a "Wrong URL" error message. I backed up and repeated the process and the same thing happened.

We did receive 2 copies of the email, but I'm afraid you only get one credit. Thanks for trying it.

I had the same strange result as Jonathan, by the way!

We did receive 2 copies of the email, but I'm afraid you only get one credit. Thanks for trying it.

I wasn't asking for two credits. :) I thought perhaps I had mistyped the email address the first time.

Great idea and useful even to long time users. I can get in a rut, doing things the way I've always done them. This course reminded me of some great (and neglected, by me) features of Accordance. Thanks.

• Like 1

I am very pleased to hear the good reports. It's very encouraging.

This course took a significant investment in time, a great deal of which was learning Adobe Captivate. Sometimes I wondered if it was ever going to be worth it!

I'd also like to say a public "Thanks!" to all the beta testers who took time to review the course, spot errors, provide helpful suggestions, and just give feedback.

• Like 2

Hi Tim,

A typo on Slide 26 "Search Sesults Bar" should be "Search Results Bar"

I didn't realise there was a contextual menu on the search entry box - cool.

Slide 43 - looks like the alignment of the red box should be so its around the word "search" but in my case it's "s can se" that's boxed.

In the final registration of my results I got above mentioned Wrong URL message. I also noticed that the my name and email started before the box and that my email address was truncated to 15 characters it appears.

I think it'll give a new user a ton of info. I found out things I had not known and names for things I didn't know had names. So even users with some experience will benefit.

Thx

D

I just took the Basics course and received an email that I passed. Will I receive a coupon in an email for the $10. How exactly does the this work? I don't see anything in my account which indicates that I have a coupon.

Well, it's about 4 am on Sunday in Florida. I think that within 36 hours you will be able to see a credit amount of $10 in your online account when you checkout. It's not automatic, but our staff will process these emails during working hours. That is how we will be applying the credit, it's the simplest and most effective way.

Great idea, and nicely done. The interactiveness of the whole thing is pretty cool.

(FYI--unless I read it wrong, slide 11 says, "The Search Text may not even have Parallel Panes," but I don't think the "not" is intended.)

I'm looking forward to more of these. As others have said, even as a regular user, I found useful refreshers and a couple new things here.

I a commend Accordance for the many free training opportunities available. Learning any powerful software program is challenging because many forget what they learned unless it is a part of the program used often. I think the hands on approach as well as the quizzes reinforce many of the features for your user base.

• Like 2

Thank you for the comments and corrections.

I'll post a revised version of the course this morning. I've fixed the typos, eliminated the personal information that was incorrectly displayed, and removed the manual "Send e-mail" button. The course will automatically send the e-mail now.

Happy that you are enjoying the course.

• Like 2

I took the course yesterday and learned a few new things even though I've been an Accordance user for a few years now. Great job and I look forward to future courses!

Just finished the course and I think it's great! Really clarified a few concepts that I was fuzzy on. One suggestion: the language of workspace/zones/tabs/panes is used throughout the early part of the presentation but isn't really clarified until almost the end. I think it might be confusing for a completely new user. Could you insert a slide early on with some rollovers or highlighting distinguishing those terms?

• Like 1

Another correction for you. On the "Instant Details" rollover of Slide 17, it says "use the Mac Command key [PC-alt]" On my Windows (Vista) installation it is the ctrl key that is used for this purpose.

There's a similar error on the question 12 Slide

Edit: Actually, both PC combos are incorrect on this slide, at least in terms of how it works on my Windows Vista installation.

Edited by Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Nicely done. I'm a long time user but, like others, had forgotten about some outstanding features. Kudos, Dr. J.

YAY!!

Well done Dr. J.

Very well put together course. Really useful even to those of us who know most of the basics. There is always something new to learn.

Thank you very much Dr. J. I cannot even begin to imagine how much work must have gone into this! Thank you Accordance. You not only provide us with a great programme but kindly provide us with all sorts of customer support.

Kevin.

• Like 1

Thanks! God bless you.

We are thrilled to announce a completely new introductory course of training for Accordance: Accordance Basics by our own Dr. J. It's an online course you follow at your own pace, that teaches all about the workspace, simulates the actions of menus, and reviews the material with fun quizzes.

After months of development and weeks of testing, we are making this available to the public. This is the first announcement, so you faithful followers of the forum can have the first shot at taking the course and claiming the $10 credit reward at the end.

Helen & Dr. J

I really liked the interactive training....another great idea from Accordance...I have been a user for several years but I learned some new things in this training! Thanks

Frank