• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:06 AM

Every time I click on the "Add Parallel" > Texts or Reference Tools to add a new pane, it's placed at the bottom of the main Bible text pane, as the second row. Why? Screen is horizontal, and if you divide it horizontally, you get even less real estate for reading text. Why Accordance can't be so smart and place new panes in columns next to each other until it cannot place them that way anymore due to the minimum pane width, and only then place them in the second row?

Now, every time I add a new pane I have to move it up manually. I tried to assign at least a shortcut for moving it up in the System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts (⌥⌘U), but Accordance ignores it (although it appears in the menu!).

Please give me option to add new panes in parallel columns, at least in the form of a checkbox in the app's preferences (in the Workspace or Appearance sections).

“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

#2 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:48 AM

Guntis, texts will be placed vertically, where you like them, automatically.  Only reference tools and notes get put in the lower row, by default.  But, if you hold the Option key when adding a new pane, it will default to vertically.  So, I believe that will accomplish what you desire.

• JonathanHuber likes this
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#3 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:58 AM

Oh, the power of the Option key! :-)
It's silent, invisible, but it's always there for those who know about it. I just forget about it too often…
Could you please check why my custom shortcut doesn't work?
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

#4 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:02 AM

How are you defining it?  I believe it only works for defined menu bar menus, and this menu doesn't have a name.

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#5 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Applications > add Accordance and type in "Move Up" and assign shortcut ⌥⌘U. But probably you're right, it's for the menu bar commands. But interestingly enough, this shortcut appears in the menu next to the Move Up command.

Edited by Guntis, 03 March 2014 - 10:16 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Add Parallel, Parallel, Texts, Tools, Reference Tools, pane, panes, placement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users