Keyboard Shortcuts for Prior/Next arrows in tools

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BrianBowman

BrianBowman

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:The Mysteries of Christ, Holy Scripture, Patristic and Catholic Theology, Guitar, Classical Pilates, Software Engineering, Craftsman Architecture
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 19 November 2006 - 01:43 PM

Please add keyboard shortcuts corresponding to the Prior/Next link navigation in Accordance Tools (i.e. as determined by the "Prior/Next" arrows near the bottom right-hand side of Tool windows).

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,497 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:35 AM

We have used all the command keys and many of the option-command keys. We reserve shift-commands for search commands, so there is hardly anything left. If you can suggest a suitable combination, and if there is interest from others.....
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Ruben Gomez

Ruben Gomez

Gold

• Accordance
  • 247 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:16 AM

...and if there is interest from others.....

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestion to make as to what the best key combination could be. But one thing I do know, and that is that this shortcut would be one of the most frequently used by me. I have often thought (but probably failed to request it) that it would be wonderful to have a shortcut for the "Prior/Next" arrows, since I use them a lot. So I gladly second Brian's suggestion.

Thanks!

Edited by Ruben Gomez, 28 November 2006 - 10:21 AM.

#4 Mick Matousek

Mick Matousek

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:15 PM

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestion to make as to what the best key combination could be. But one thing I do know, and that is that this shortcut would be one of the most frequently used by me. I have often thought ...........

I'd suggest using any appropriate keyboard shortcut utility, 'Keyboard & Mouse' System Preference, iKey or another to redefine any keyboard shortcut into the one you prefer. I'm sure that Ruben and I would choose different keyboard shortcuts for different actions. Why bother OakTree? Simply redefine or modify the command to work the way you like. iKey and others are context sensitive so that the new shortcut will only work in certain applications, windows, etc. This allows keyboard shortcuts to be very individualized. These utilities don't actually change Accordance, they simply intercept the Accordance command by the custom user one. I've even noticed that I've changed my mind thru the years on which shortcut I like for some actions.

http://www.scriptsoftware.com/ikey/

Other posts:
http://www.accordanc...e...=99&hl=ikey

#5 jpkang

jpkang

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Comparative Semitics; ancient Hebrew semantics; Hebrew syntax; history and religion of ancient Israel; history of interpretation.

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:53 PM

This doesn't address Brian's and Rubén's request, but if you only want an easier way to assign custom keyboard shortcuts to menu items than Panther/Tiger's Keyboard & Mouse prefpane's Keyboard Shortcuts tab, I can also suggest Unsanity's Menu Master.
J. P. Kang, Ph.D. (Bible)

#6 Rick Yentzer

Rick Yentzer

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:Bible, family, reading, philosophy, apologetics, theology, markup, coding and programming

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:03 PM

Many graphics programs, such as Adobe Photoshop offer the ability to change, add or delete keyboard shortcuts. Is this something that can be implemented in Accordance?
"I'm not afraid of failure. I'm afraid to succeed in something that isn't important." William Carey

#7 BrianBowman

BrianBowman

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:The Mysteries of Christ, Holy Scripture, Patristic and Catholic Theology, Guitar, Classical Pilates, Software Engineering, Craftsman Architecture

Posted 15 December 2006 - 07:54 AM

We have used all the command keys and many of the option-command keys. We reserve shift-commands for search commands, so there is hardly anything left. If you can suggest a suitable combination, and if there is interest from others.....

How about Command-Left Arrow and Command-Right Arrow?

#8 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,497 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 15 December 2006 - 08:19 AM

These were recently used to bring the cursor to the beginning or end of the line.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#9 BrianBowman

BrianBowman

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 02:23 PM

How about Command-Left Arrow and Command-Right Arrow?

These were recently used to bring the cursor to the beginning or end of the line.

... then how about Command/Shift-Left Arrow and Command/Shift-Right Arrow?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users